2.0 T induction kits?

K2MNG

Reaction score
Have spent a while searching the net for an induction kit for the 2.0tfsi (mine's the special edition but I'm guessing the airbox is the same as the 200 version) but can't seem to find any. Anyone know if you can get one and if it's any good?

cheers

Looking for the same I have fitted a panel filter and to be honest I notice no inprovement. I fancy an induction kit for the noise nothing else.
Any one tried the universal route on here sounds alot cheaper than the ones I have been looink at such as evoms ect ?

My understanding is (I may be wrong) that you don't really get much induction noise with a turbo-charged engine...even with a performance intake system.

I have an aftermarket cone filter in the garage that I had on my v6 vectra gsi...really made the v6 sing.

I did have to fit in extra ducting to channel cool air in to it as I think I was actually losing power when the engine waas running at full temperature.

I'm guessing the 2.0T Fsi engine will be the same, never occured to me to fit it to the audi, might give it a go once I work out a tidy route for new ducting.

Turbo cars sound great with an induction kit my mate had one on his 1.8T a4 and it was fantastic !

If a universal one will do the job just need some cold air ducting and a decent heat shield to stop the hot soak and it should be fine ?

Thanks for the advice will have a nosey around. re the noise point, I've had them on turbo cars before and they sound v v nice, almost like a dump valve in adition to a nice induction howl!

May aswell get a nova with a big bore exhaust. Chavy induction
noise and Audi's just don't seem right in my opinion. Panel filters do the job well, don't look stupid, don't need to bodge a heat shield, run a cold air feed and don't need to actually fit and mount the thing! Unless you like to have something to bore your friends to death with like the Sunday afternoon you spent fitting a universal induction kit to your prestigious Audi like the lad two doors down did to his nova. My good God, be hanging around in a car park nex bonnet popped in between your new mates nove and his mates citreon Saxo 1.1 with the same induction kits as half the rest of the car park!

it's all down to personal taste K2MNG, I personally like to have my car sound a little bit less choked than standard.....not for everyone elses benefit but for mine.

If I had the cash to buy the model I wanted it would be an RS4, not for the huge performance as I'd never get the chance to use it but for the very satisfying growl from the amazing v8.....

lets face it...driving isnt a poxy getting from A to B experience for most of us, it's all about the journey, the sound from the engine, the feel of the road etc.

I don't think anyone has the right to tell us what we should and shouldn't like, infact I think most cars sound pretty boring and uninspiring with standard airbox and exhaust setup..

Fill yer boots mate and enjoy....you only live once and no purist killjoy has the right to make assumptions about you based on their own snobish views.

Maybe I'm just snobby then, not wanting my car to sound like a chav's car. Your so right, fill your boots! I believe they do induction kits at Halfords. Just ask one if the spotty lads, he'll have one on his car for you to w*nk over before you buy it. Just think how much better it will sound on your car

:gaehn:not getting into a public debate....you like black wheels and think they look good....I don't....I wouldn't dare have the cheek to call you a chav or accuse you of pleasuring yourself over them though....play the game mate, no need forshooting folk down or being cheeky to the point of downright rudeness.

Also using fowl language on the forum isn't allowed...even if you do miss a vowel out to bypass the filters:asskicking:
Maybe I'm just snobby then, not wanting my car to sound like a chav's car. Your so right, fill your boots! I believe they do induction kits at Halfords. Just ask one if the spotty lads, he'll have one on his car for you to w*nk over before you buy it. Just think how much better it will sound on your car

You'd need good heat shield because otherwise your underbonnet temps will be getting into your turbo and will knacker it. I had one on my Supra and the sound was great, but if sat in traffic it doesn't actually do your turbo's any good. People actually found they lost power after fitting one, not gaining as some promised.

At the end of the day these car manufacturers spend vast amounts of money ensuring they have optimal performance and reliability, so why fight it...

Horses for courses though at the end of the day, your car, do what you like to it :)

You'd need good heat shield because otherwise your underbonnet temps will be getting into your turbo and will knacker it. I had one on my Supra and the sound was great, but if sat in traffic it doesn't actually do your turbo's any good. People actually found they lost power after fitting one, not gaining as some promised.

At the end of the day these car manufacturers spend vast amounts of money ensuring they have optimal performance and reliability, so why fight it...

Horses for courses though at the end of the day, your car, do what you like to it :)

I agree with you. It led to me being rude about the whole thing. I don't think you should replace Audi quality with a universal induction kit! The heat is a massive issue on Turbo cars. After you give your car a pasting at night pop your bonnet and look red your turbo glows. Now do you really want to be soaking up the heat bounding off your turbo with an induction kit sitting more or less on top of it!? My advice is simply drop in a KandN replacement filter and reap the benefits of Audi having done the hard work!

Reactions: Miltek Audi Sport
hmm, i've dropped a panel filter in mine and really can't tell any difference.

When I had my Octavia vRS with the same engine, the induction kit with a sealed cone filter made a huge difference. The again it might just be the stock intake on the vRS was pants

I had a standard octy 2.0t vrs and was advised that the aftermarket filters including induction type would make very little difference unless it was beingfitted to a remapped car.

Just wondering if it might be the same with the audi 2.0t?