Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Number plate light?

Where can i get a number plate light for my Audi A4 Cab?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    anyone hav any ideias?

1st Gear

Status
    It is just a standard festoon bulb - Halfords will sell them. However, I bet the lens has broken where the screw fits in. That is usually the cause of the numberplate light out indicator. The lens drops and the bulb no longer makes contact.

I've had 4 of these go now, and it's starting to hack me off! The number of B6/7 cabrios I see with a number plate light not working seems to support my theory that the design is a bit weak, to say the least!

PMJ
    need another DTM

Status
    yeah, the lens on my B7 cab is cracked... but light still works at the moment... got a price from Audi 28 for the lens

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
    yeah, the lens on my B7 cab is cracked... but light still works at the moment... got a price from Audi 28 for the lens
    28!

6.50 from me
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowtrophy View Post
    It is just a standard festoon bulb - Halfords will sell them. However, I bet the lens has broken where the screw fits in. That is usually the cause of the numberplate light out indicator. The lens drops and the bulb no longer makes contact.

I've had 4 of these go now, and it's starting to hack me off! The number of B6/7 cabrios I see with a number plate light not working seems to support my theory that the design is a bit weak, to say the least!
    I've been having these errors until I changed the lenses (thanks pjmspeedy!) so thanks for that, I wonder what caused them when the bulbs were fine.

However, I can't get the lenses to fit flush, the bit where the screw fits in is slightly proud and the screws are so soft the screwdriver annihilates them. Hopefully won't get the errors anymore though.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.