DTM worth the premium?

Lee_R

Reaction score
First of all, hello from the A3 forum!

My mate has just got himself an A4 DTM, he keeps banging on about how special it is but doesnt really seem to have a clue about it. He seems to think its a touring car and keeps telling me about how rubbish my A3 is by comparison.

So is it just a frock on a normal A4 or is it genuinely a decent piece of kit. Think i've only ever seen one other, it is a good looker to be fair!

I need some pub ammo stats to show him up if its just a bodykit. If it is anything special then i can educate him?

The DTM is a 2.0Tfsi thats been remapped (half mapped)by Audi from 197bhp to 216, if you were to remap the same car via AMD, Revo, SuperChips etc you would get closer to 245bhp!

It does have a nice kit though!

well ive had mine since 6k, now 61k and am pleased!
one thing i will say is that the recaro seats are (in my opinion) no different to the s line seats with the recaro emblem....................:shrug:

It's a celebratory edition as Audi were doing well in the DTM series, I believe.

Nice car, looks cool & has a bit more road presence as a result, but essentially no different to the 2.0T Special Edition as mentioned above.

DTMs look great on 19" alloys and lowered some more - the 18"s and the suspension/stance just aren't enough to match the aggressive kit for my liking.

I've never driven one, but EVO magazine rated it much better than the normal A4.