2.0ltdi drinking fuel

s6mk2gti

Reaction score
hello people im new to this audi stuff been told to sign up on here by a mate who already here!

i have just purchased a 05 s line a4 avant 2.0ltdi an seems to be drinking fuel about 460 miles to £60 when driving slow
my previous car was a 1.9tdi bora an that would do that amout of miles to £40

is there any known problems that may be causing this?
does my fuel consumption seem bad to other users?
would a remap help with the consumption much?
any help would be great
if i carnt make it better think im gonna have to sell her:3sadwalk:

Is yours 140 or 170?
Also what gearbox dsg, man etc...

Probably not gonna be getting the same mpg as a 1.9tdi, but what does your mpg read out give you? guessing you should be close to 40mpg on those long jorneys!

Remap would help only slightly though.

You know fuel has gone up right!?:blush:

its a 140 manual been told it could possibly be a air mass meter il give it a long run tomorrow an see wat i get then i havent got a trip computer telling me my miles per gallon

i put £60 in the car yesterday at 109.9 an on a long run i managed to get 580miles sitting at about 70mph does this seem right??

Doesn't that work out as 49mpg?
As previous posters have said, I've read that high 40's is what should be expected from the TDi 140.

Nowhere as economical as the 130 PD varieties, but I believe there are other compensations.:salute:

Yeah I get around that figure too, town driving on the other hand :rolleyes:

ok thanks 4 your help people would a remap make much difference to fuel consumption?

ok thanks 4 your help people would a remap make much difference to fuel consumption?

Some companies offer an eco remap, and I'm sure if you only feather the throttle everywhere would save you a bit. But then whats the fun in that?!

ok people still not convinced its right manily around town an accelarating it just drinks from a 0-60 accelerate it takes 40 miles of the range