Help B7 Cabriolet wont start!

Fabian1999

Live now
Reaction score
I got a 2006 1.8t cabriolet. Its done 16k and I had it for about two weeks. It been fine, recently went on a 300 mile motorway journey and no probs. Drove it around town today and parked up for about 20 mins.
Came back to restart it, and it fired but then revs slowly dropped below 1k and then it died. I thought I was because the climate control was drawing too much power so I turned that of, and tried again. it tries to spark but immediately dies, even when I press the gas pedal.
Im sure its not the battery cause all electrics work.
Any ideas? please help.
Thanks

Sounds like it could be a fuelling problem...silly question (given the nozzle incompatibility), but it's not had diesel put into the tank has it?

No filled up with petrol before motoway journy. Its just so random. One moment fine the next refusing to start... I think your right because my first thought was the fuel pump. There is also a dash light that says EPC but I cant tell if it will go out, cause it wont start.
thanks for replying.

Need to get it scanned mate to see what the problem is, I wouldnt try your luck with it until you've found out the reason for the light with a scan, find someone with vagcom local to you from my link in sig or PM me if interested in buying genuine vagcom to scan diagnostically yourself.

There are literally hundreds of reasons for the EPC light to come on, so without doing a VCDS scan you're just guessing.

Thanks for the feedback guys, its all sorted now:rockwoot:
The RAC guy came and and had a look. The D.I.S. said that there was 40 miles left in the tank and the guage was just pased the red line but by no means empty. It was also parked on a steep hill (nose facing down). So when the RAC guy got out his fuel can, I almost felt insulted. He topped up, turned the key and there was a groaning sound, tried again and it started!! I felt like a right t*tt!!
Anyway im not trusting the D.I.S. again!
Funny, with my old A3 I ran it really close to empty line and it would always start?

Damn was the hill vertical or something cause I've run most my vag cars on vapour before without these kinda issues.