HELP ON A4 CARBON FIBRE WRAP FOR TRIM

jamiegdhll

Reaction score
Hi any1 know what is the best carbon fibre wrap i can get to do my a4 interior trim and where i can get it also do any of you have some pics of this thanks

If you mean real carbon fibre, you can buy 2x2 twill weave fabric from eBay & then buy epoxy resin, or you can buy a kit like this one:

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Skinning-Starter-Kit---Large__CMCFSK1000.aspx

I've just skinned my RS4 engine bay side panel & it's been a bit of a learning curve. Something I didn't realise is that if you add too much hardener to epoxy resin, it doesn't cure. I've been having problems with the epoxy, the actual carbon fibre fabric is pretty easy to use! I added too much hardener - I thought that as the weather's been cold, I'd add more to hurry up the cure process... in the end I flatted it all back & applied again.

You can use polyester resin, though epoxy is meant to be better for carbon fibre use.

If you mean real carbon fibre, you can buy 2x2 twill weave fabric from eBay & then buy epoxy resin, or you can buy a kit like this one:

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Skinning-Starter-Kit---Large__CMCFSK1000.aspx

I've just skinned my RS4 engine bay side panel & it's been a bit of a learning curve. Something I didn't realise is that if you add too much hardener to epoxy resin, it doesn't cure. I've been having problems with the epoxy, the actual carbon fibre fabric is pretty easy to use! I added too much hardener - I thought that as the weather's been cold, I'd add more to hurry up the cure process... in the end I flatted it all back & applied again.

You can use polyester resin, though epoxy is meant to be better for carbon fibre use.

Thank's i seen the carbon mod's site have you any pic's, what is the finished product like.

Thank's i seen the carbon mod's site have you any pic's, what is the finished product like.

Not yet - I'm still working on it. It takes a while to flat it all back and polish it up. My arm was getting tired :)

Should be completed soon though - maybe this weekend.

Last edited: