she finally broke

hilly

Reaction score
after weeks of getting the oil pressure light coming on and off,my a4 2.0tfsiq broke down on the way to the garage.i had replaced the oil pressure switch about 2weeks ago.it seemed to cure it but it started again.on the way to the garage the light came but the engine sounded fine,about 1 mile away from the garage.the lights inside the car went really dim then the car just cut out and woudnt start.the bloke at the garage had to come and tow me!(really hard to drive being towed with no power steering!)
got it to the garage the bloke said it could be electric fault still waiting for him to get back to me!just hoping i dont need a new engine!
anybody heard of anything like this?:uhm:

Sounds like a wiring fault to me.

IIRC the oil pressure related issue earlier engines suffer from does not affect the TFSi, but i recall there being wiring that can rub through routed around the back of the engine, so its completly plausable that the 2 are related

Was the engine turning over when you tried to start it?
he had to put abit of charge into the battery but it did turn over.but he said there was a noise coming from behind the head he is going to look into it more on monday.its had the cam belt done so its not that!
could it be the turbo?:banghead: