porker968

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
340111.jpg
340101.jpg
340051.jpg
340021.jpg

For some reason, I feel that the new S4 is losing it's Sport look!!!! It's too bad man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

G.

Really not liking that so much... Its loks the look of class, and looks a bit JAP from the back.. also, is there even anything remotely sporty about how it looks? No.

Rich

Other than the exhaust pipes I can't say i'm too fussed. Even then they've done a poor copy of the M3.

When will the B8 be due for release /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm gonna go against the tide of opinion here and say that I don't think it's too bad. It does look a bit too "querky", but most new cars do. Hopefully, when they release it you'll be able to have some more aggressive spoilers etc. But I still think it could/should have looked a bit better, and sportier. Much better than the new 3 series, I hate it more than the 5!

It's a fair point these new cars rarely look any good until you see them in the flesh and you have to get used to the new look.

I'm just not sure how long this particular new look will take to grow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There's too much air visible beneath the car. Doesn't look sporty enough.

IMHO the B6 is much better look and personally I think the B5 has it too.

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
The rear is nice and chunky, but IMO it's all gone downhill from the B5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree my friend!!! It doesn't have the "aggressive" look of the B5

G.

My first post on this site.

Have owned an M3 coupe since 2001. Absolutely delighted with the driving experience on dry roads in the Summer. Absolutely appalled with winter conditions handling and build quality of BMWs. Quality has slipped unbelievably in the last 5 years.

Will replace M3 with new B7 RS4 Avant, which I ordered a month ago. Very impressed with a friend's RS6 Avant and S4 which I tried. Rock solid performance and build quality. Long live the Quattro!

Very much looking forward to seeing how new B7 A4 (or should we really describe it as B6.5) performs. I already thought the S4 was pretty sublime; if they've improved the ride so that it is a little less bone-jarring over pot-holes and tweaked the steering so it provides more directness and greater feel, then I am sure I'll be happy.

As for Audi's build quality, bought wife an A2 when they first came out. Amazing.

I really like Audi's new look; it isn't yet perfect but I can see it evolving nicely. The Novolari and Le Mans concepts reassure me that Walter da Silva is in another league compared to Chris Bangle. my only critcism of the new S4 is its more overt aggressiveness. The one thing I have always liked about Audi's performance models is that they are Q-Cars whose performance isn't at all aparent until it leaves you in its trail of smoking rubber! Consequently, i find the four tailpipes a bit OTT. Audi doesn't need to copy BMW.

[ QUOTE ]
jamesa said:
I'm with the general consensus on this one - I think Audi are doing their utmost to ruin the design of their cars, and this new B7 looks way worse than the B5 & B6

-- james

[/ QUOTE ]

James, buddy, man.... come on!!! The B5 is really nice, can't say that!!! I don't like the B6 sedan but I do love the new Cabrio! You gotta be fair!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
G.

Zanzara,

Nice one! Yes, the S4 looks great in these shots. The shots from Paris also reveal it to be much nicer in the flesh. The lines are much cleaner than earlier shotos suggest.

[ QUOTE ]
drum said:
Zanzara,

Nice one! Yes, the S4 looks great in these shots. The shots from Paris also reveal it to be much nicer in the flesh. The lines are much cleaner than earlier shotos suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

This looks like a Rover!!! Not happy, not happy at all.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Andy,

Any official word from Audi Uk on when B7 S4 will launch in UK? Is it january like the rest of the range or later, because it hasn't been mentioned along with other B7 models in recent press releases I've seen.

[ QUOTE ]
drum said:
Andy,

Any official word from Audi Uk on when B7 S4 will launch in UK? Is it january like the rest of the range or later, because it hasn't been mentioned along with other B7 models in recent press releases I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear it's going to be middle of 2005, and NOT as expected with others in January/February (even they seem like end of February from what I have heard from 2 dealers)

suppose the 3.2 FSI may be an option for those who can't wait ?

Shak

Andy,

Is it likely that B7 S4 will debut the new 4.2 V-8 FSI? I gather in its basic form this engine generates around 380-400 bhp which would be well up on current 344 bhp of B6 S4.

Not according to anything I've read, seen or heard.

At the end of the day it's just a face lift, although there are one or two new engines, I expect it to be exactly the same under the skin (excluding suspension tweaks etc).

Think we'll have to Q1 to find out but Audi are sticking the current 4.2 V8 in every model now - even the Allroad. I'm interested to see what engine goes into the 500-plus horsepower RS6 that will take on the M5!

From the front of the rear door....if you see what I mean [image]http://www.audi-sport.net/attach/104865-media%5B3%5D.jpeg[/image]

Maybe the same guy that designed the new Ugly BMW range has had his fingers in Audis designs to try and help them get some of the custom back that they lost to Audi when they released their new facelift cars.

I cant say that i like that at all, apart from the side profile the front and back are very poor.

This design below is still a winner for me it has such an agressive profile.

254227_25.jpg

I think its loosing its sportyness lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

...the weight of the B7 doesn't help either. I wish they would build it out of aluminum like the A8...