A4 (B7) Variants?

Adz

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Joined a few months back with the intention of buying a A3 Sportback, however Im thinking of a A4 Saloon (B7) now.

When looking at A3 Sportbacks I decided that the 2.0 TDi S Line would be the best option, good MPG, looks the part and has half leather interior etc..

So I thought that the A4 2.0 TDi S Line would also be exactly the same spec as the A3, but I cant seem to find many A4's with half/full leather interiors?

Am I missing something? is there a better model than the S Line (Apart from the obvious RS4) where I can get the looks, engine, MPG and interior I want?

Also when was the 2.0 TDi 170 introduced? ideally i'd like that, but if i couldnt stretch my budget that far i'd settle for a 2.0 TDi 140.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Adam

You could always get non-leather and get it retrimmed later down the line... check out AutoTrim (http://www.autotrim.co.uk/) who do leather kits that are direct replacements for the seat fabric covers.

I got a quote a while back for my A3 when I had it & it came in at £750, though it will probably be around the £1000 mark for the A4 & that quote was years ago.

Alternatively, you can probably pick up a full leather interior from eBay or get your seats retrimmed in whatever colour you like via automotive trimmers such as Premier Car Trim (http://www.premiercartrim.co.uk/home.html)

However, I would have thought there would be plenty of TDi cars out there with leather?

Thanks for the reply, I wont be modifying it or anything, its going to be used mainly for commuting to work so i'll probably concentrate on keeping it clean and well serviced. Although it is an option IF i find a A4 i like and the leather is the only thing missing.

I thought the same, maybe its just the S Line's that dont come with leather?

Thanks for the reply, I wont be modifying it or anything, its going to be used mainly for commuting to work so i'll probably concentrate on keeping it clean and well serviced. Although it is an option IF i find a A4 i like and the leather is the only thing missing.

I thought the same, maybe its just the S Line's that dont come with leather?

Leather is an option on all A3/A4's - The reason the A3's seem to have them and the A4's don't is probably due to most A4 TDI’s are fleet bought and A3's mostly private.

You get allot of the 2.0T with leather etc as these are mostly privately owned from new due to the petrol costs etc.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Everything on Audi's is an option and a lot of cars 3-5 years old will be ex company/fleet, so obviously they wouldn't pay for the extras. I saw a few with leather when I looked but they were the higher priced, privately owned ones and usually at main dealers.

Ahh rite, that makes sense.....so no A4's came with leather as standard apart from the RS4.

Looks like i'll be looking at main dealers or the high price bracket then!

Thanks for the replys.

Ahh rite, that makes sense.....so no A4's came with leather as standard apart from the RS4.

Looks like i'll be looking at main dealers or the high price bracket then!

Thanks for the replys.

The "top end" and last edition models came with lots of toys & leather... my S-Line Special Edition was well spec'd from the dealer.

Not sure about the TDi models though.

The "top end" and last edition models came with lots of toys & leather... my S-Line Special Edition was well spec'd from the dealer.

Not sure about the TDi models though.

What do you mean by "top end"????

The S-line special edition can also be had with the Tdi engine (think it may have only been available on the 170 though) which amonst other things gave you leather as standard

This place has quite a few for sale of various specs.
http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/tvscars/search.cfm?

Re the TDI engine I understand from asking around that the 140 is better on fuel than a 170 despite what various reviews say. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=82669

B6 S-Lines (2004-2005) had the half leather as standard but it was dropped when the car was facelifted to a B7. As stated previously in the thread the S-Line special edition had leather and the DTM edition has leather and alcantara. Another option that would be worth looking for would be the sat nav (RNS-E) which also has mp3 sd card slots and in quite a few cases bluetooth phone compatability. I have it on mine and find it really useful.

If you go to look at any and are not sure if it's a 140 or 170 the give away is that the 140's have twin exhausts on one side under the rear bumper where as the 170's have 2 exhaust pipes one either side. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

As far as I know A3 S-Lines have the half leather as they are different seats to the A4 (the A4 has the pull forward squab for under knee support but the A3 doesn't).

On the A4 the engine is mounted the other way round so is very slightly smoother and quieter in TDI versions than in the A3.

This may also be worth a read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A4

Hope this helps, good luck with finding one!

Last edited: