RNS-E SAT NAV

C 215HAN

Reaction score
hi i have added a genuine audi rns-e sat nav to my 07 reg cab and erm the left hand side of the multi function steering wheelb doesnt work with the unit i cannot change songs or mode on the unit, also when i press the telephone button it says telephone not availible but when some one ring my phone it comes up on the rnse units screen and i can answer the call using the rnse unit, i have channged 1 wire round on the leads do i need to change n e more???

Unfortunately the mode button doesn't do anything on the RNS-E, there are a few other threads on this subject.

The Mode button swaps between phone and non-phone, that's it. So as craig says if you don't have an Audi phone kit the Mode button does nothing.

It doesn't change between radio, CD, nav, etc - which it what a lot of people expect it to do (and TBH it would be nice if it did, but Audi haven't designed it that way).

i no the mode button doesnt work but the forward and rewind scroll button shud work, also the telephone conects to the car kit but doesnt come up on the sat nav display but when sum1 rings me its comes up on the sat nav display which is quiet wired to be honest ppl n e help and thnx for al the other posts

i no the mode button doesnt work but the forward and rewind scroll button shud work
Either your MFSW is faulty, or it's not coded correctly or the RNS_E isn't coded for an MFSW (or for the correct type of MFSW).

, also the telephone conects to the car kit but doesnt come up on the sat nav display but when sum1 rings me its comes up on the sat nav display which is quiet
Either your RNS-E isn't correctly coded or your phone module isn't correctly coded or both.

Either your MFSW is faulty, or it's not coded correctly or the RNS_E isn't coded for an MFSW (or for the correct type of MFSW).

Either your RNS-E isn't correctly coded or your phone module isn't correctly coded or both.

how do i code them correctly

hey ppl thnx 4 ur help, i got the steering wheel working, but its very strange ow it started workin, i put another sat nav disc in not realising that the software may be different, any way my system faild and shut down, it wudnt even power on, so i disconnected it and reconnected it, it powered up, i then put the original disk in that come with the sat nav and the software updated and now all the functions are working other than the telephone..