Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications

Thread: RNS-E SAT NAV

Reverse Gear

Status

RNS-E SAT NAV

hi i have added a genuine audi rns-e sat nav to my 07 reg cab and erm the left hand side of the multi function steering wheelb doesnt work with the unit i cannot change songs or mode on the unit, also when i press the telephone button it says telephone not availible but when some one ring my phone it comes up on the rnse units screen and i can answer the call using the rnse unit, i have channged 1 wire round on the leads do i need to change n e more???

2. # ADS
    ADS

cabriolet

Status
    Have you coded the car with vagcom to tell it its now got an rns-e ?
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes its all coded in mate

4th Gear

Status
    Unfortunately the mode button doesn't do anything on the RNS-E, there are a few other threads on this subject.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

6th Gear

Status
    MODE button works with BT prep 7 Radio/Nav, without BT it does nothing.

6th Gear

Status
    The Mode button swaps between phone and non-phone, that's it. So as craig says if you don't have an Audi phone kit the Mode button does nothing.

It doesn't change between radio, CD, nav, etc - which it what a lot of people expect it to do (and TBH it would be nice if it did, but Audi haven't designed it that way).
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Reverse Gear

Status
    i no the mode button doesnt work but the forward and rewind scroll button shud work, also the telephone conects to the car kit but doesnt come up on the sat nav display but when sum1 rings me its comes up on the sat nav display which is quiet wired to be honest ppl n e help and thnx for al the other posts

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by C 215HAN View Post
    i no the mode button doesnt work but the forward and rewind scroll button shud work
    Either your MFSW is faulty, or it's not coded correctly or the RNS_E isn't coded for an MFSW (or for the correct type of MFSW).

, also the telephone conects to the car kit but doesnt come up on the sat nav display but when sum1 rings me its comes up on the sat nav display which is quiet
    Either your RNS-E isn't correctly coded or your phone module isn't correctly coded or both.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Either your MFSW is faulty, or it's not coded correctly or the RNS_E isn't coded for an MFSW (or for the correct type of MFSW).

Either your RNS-E isn't correctly coded or your phone module isn't correctly coded or both.
    how do i code them correctly

6th Gear

Status
    how do i code them correctly
    Read the Ross-Tech wiki

RNS-E
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/...NS-E%29#Coding

BT Phone Module
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/...ne_Preparation

SCSM
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/...Steering_Wheel

And then do the re-coding using VAG-COM.

Reverse Gear

Status
    hey ppl thnx 4 ur help, i got the steering wheel working, but its very strange ow it started workin, i put another sat nav disc in not realising that the software may be different, any way my system faild and shut down, it wudnt even power on, so i disconnected it and reconnected it, it powered up, i then put the original disk in that come with the sat nav and the software updated and now all the functions are working other than the telephone..