Funny noise when turning right

jamesbeacroft

Reaction score
Website
dont have one
Hi I have an A4 special edition 2.0T and have noticed a bonk/ clicking noise around the front left corner when turning right at slow speed. Any Ideas? I hope it is not the CV joint! What else could it be? I didn’t notice any noise under acceleration or going around a roundabout.

Thanks

I have the same car and mine was doing the same recently so put it into dealers and they replaced lower/steering arms i think. Not exactly sure what they replaced, but it stopped making the noise. It was on warranty so did'nt cost me anything. If still under your warranty just get it booked in at Audi.

I'm getting this too, knocks when on full lock in either direction and I get a clunk from the driver side front wheel when going over small bumps slowly.
Had an independant garage check it out today, he spent ages in there with a nail bar, then a stethoscope and had a test drive, he finally said he thought it was the lower something or other arm....

He pointed out a thick alloy arm at the lower end of the suspension which he said he could try changing the bush in but recommended changing the whole arm.

I'm still in two minds whether to go to the dealer to have them diagnose the fault, then go back to the independent to have the work done....