Question re cruise control retrofit

Bing_IRL

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've gone through all the cruise control threads but just wondered if anyone has installed the control stalk and not need to re-code? I did the installation before on a golf and didn't need to. I've ordered the bits form the A4 and hoping that I might luck out again! :)

Cheers,
Bing

I'm pretty sure you do need to but sure if you out it all in and it doesn't work just get it coded another time? And hopefully you won't have to recalibrate your steering sensor.

Do you have VCDS/vag-com?

I'm a bit far away to help but I know there are a few people around who could help you.

I recently had it fitted to my B7.
The lad that fitted it had to hook the car up to the laptop and re-program in what features the steering wheel had, never new you could get a heated steering wheel!!!

By the way for anyone wanting it fitted by the professionals i would recommend these..............

http://vwcruise.com/

Cost me £240 including the replacement steering column trim with the cut out for the cruise control stalk.

cheers boys. I've got my emissions light on at the moment so need to get that looked at. Plan is to get them to code it then should it not work right out of the bag. Got all the necessary bits for the tidy sum of €70 on ebay.:icon_thumright:

First post, and I can +1 :icon_thumright: for vwcruise.com.

They fitted cruise and changed my center console to get rid of the phone cradle on my newly acquired 2.0 tdi s-line. It looked enough of a faff that I was glad I didn't do it myself.

Steve.

Last edited:
for what vwcruise charge you could purchase VAGCOM from NHN, a trusted member on this forum, then purchase the cruise control off the bay for pitence and fit it yourself, its a really easy mod.
that way you would gain by having the knowledge of doing it and still have your own vagcom which is priceless.

Sorry, i dont know what a 'steering wheel control unit' is?
It was a audi kit in a box, he fitted it, hooked up the laptop and hey presto!!!
Give them a call, they are very approachable and know there stuff.
Yes if you can do it yourself its cheaper but then again places like Fontain want nearly £400!

Sorry, i dont know what a 'steering wheel control unit' is?
It's the electronic control module that fits around the steering column, and to which all the column and wheel mounted switches connect.

Its proper name is Steering Column Switch Module SCSM.

Hi Guys,

just got my bits for the retrofit but it doesn't include the 2 screws listed in its contents. Does anyone have the spec for these so I can pop to a parts place and get them?

Cheers,

Cheers. Came across the parts on another thread. Now to see if the local dealers have it in stock :)