Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

B7 S-Line Cabriolets

Hello all,

First post on the forum so be gentle

I'm currently shopping for a B7 S-Line cabriolet or a CLK convertible with AMG body kit and alloys. If you like you could try and persuade me one way or the other although I can guess the answer I'd get on an Audi forum .

Maybe some of you can help answer a simple question. As far as I can see, all of the B7 facelift S-Line saloon's and avants have the deep RS4 style front spoiler. I know the RS4 ones are more agressive, but you know what I mean.

Why is it that most of the B7 S-Line cabriolets don't seem to have this front spoiler, instead looking just like the SE models? I know it doesn't seem to be specific to the age of the car as I've seen 2006 cars with the S-Line front spoiler and 2007's without.

It's really annoying me as I'd prefer the S-Line spoilered model but there don't seem to be as many for sale. If I didn't get this version I'm guessing that the conversion wouldn't be cheap. I don't want to pay S-Line money for a car that doesn't look like one. Was it an optional extra on the convertibles?

Here's an S-Line with the normal SE front...
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...3874&logcode=p

Here's one with the S-Line front...
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...7565&logcode=p

Cheers
    Last edited by irnbru; 12th November 2009 at 15:01.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    AFAIK the S-line Special edition or final edition have the front end that you are looking for. Mine does

08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank for that. I just can't believe it's not standard on all S-Lines.

The annoying thing is that when looking at adverts it can be hard to tell the difference when the car is black because the S-Line front doesn't stand out as much!!!

1st Gear

Status
    The reason is that all S-Line A4s do not necessarily come with the S-Line Exterior Styling Kit. I know it sounds a bit weird, but that is the answer.

so, basically, an A4 S-Line Cabrio did not get the more agressive front bumper, or the slightly different rear diffuser unless you ordered the Exterior Styling Pack.

The A4 Cabrio S-Line Special Edition (such as mine and also gjwell's) and the Final Edition both came with this styling pack. Other than that, you just need to check the individual cars. I am amazed at the number of S-Line A4s that do not have the styling pack fitted.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys.

Reverse Gear

Status
    all 06 plate have se bumper and afew 56 plate all 07 on wards have so called s-line bumper when i got my 06 plate i looked around for 12 months and found this is the case i have 7 friends with b7 cabs and the bumpers are to what i say they are so thats what i know hope it helps p.s one friends has a 06 3.0tdi quattro it has every extra you could order cost 36k but as se bumper on
    Last edited by r6mpr; 15th November 2009 at 20:34.

PMJ
    need another DTM

Status
    Most late 06 plate cabs have this bumper .. but on when it an 07 chasis, my was built June 06 on an 07 chasis and has this bumper, I like the way it looks, but I have noticed that not all 06 have it