B7 S-Line Cabriolets

irnbru

Reaction score
Hello all,

First post on the forum so be gentle :sly:

I'm currently shopping for a B7 S-Line cabriolet or a CLK convertible with AMG body kit and alloys. If you like you could try and persuade me one way or the other although I can guess the answer I'd get on an Audi forum :happy:.

Maybe some of you can help answer a simple question. As far as I can see, all of the B7 facelift S-Line saloon's and avants have the deep RS4 style front spoiler. I know the RS4 ones are more agressive, but you know what I mean.

Why is it that most of the B7 S-Line cabriolets don't seem to have this front spoiler, instead looking just like the SE models? I know it doesn't seem to be specific to the age of the car as I've seen 2006 cars with the S-Line front spoiler and 2007's without.

It's really annoying me as I'd prefer the S-Line spoilered model but there don't seem to be as many for sale. If I didn't get this version I'm guessing that the conversion wouldn't be cheap. I don't want to pay S-Line money for a car that doesn't look like one. Was it an optional extra on the convertibles?

Here's an S-Line with the normal SE front...
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1&anchor=advert200940342983874&logcode=p

Here's one with the S-Line front...
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1&anchor=advert200936341007565&logcode=p

Cheers

Last edited:
AFAIK the S-line Special edition or final edition have the front end that you are looking for. Mine does ;)

Thank for that. I just can't believe it's not standard on all S-Lines.

The annoying thing is that when looking at adverts it can be hard to tell the difference when the car is black because the S-Line front doesn't stand out as much!!!

The reason is that all S-Line A4s do not necessarily come with the S-Line Exterior Styling Kit. I know it sounds a bit weird, but that is the answer.

so, basically, an A4 S-Line Cabrio did not get the more agressive front bumper, or the slightly different rear diffuser unless you ordered the Exterior Styling Pack.

The A4 Cabrio S-Line Special Edition (such as mine and also gjwell's) and the Final Edition both came with this styling pack. Other than that, you just need to check the individual cars. I am amazed at the number of S-Line A4s that do not have the styling pack fitted.

all 06 plate have se bumper and afew 56 plate all 07 on wards have so called s-line bumper when i got my 06 plate i looked around for 12 months and found this is the case i have 7 friends with b7 cabs and the bumpers are to what i say they are so thats what i know hope it helps p.s one friends has a 06 3.0tdi quattro it has every extra you could order cost 36k but as se bumper on

Last edited:
Most late 06 plate cabs have this bumper .. but on when it an 07 chasis, my was built June 06 on an 07 chasis and has this bumper, I like the way it looks, but I have noticed that not all 06 have it