Urgent: What Brake Pads Would you recommend for Audi A4 S Line Sport

Nza

UDO Unidentified Driving Objec
Reaction score
Hi

I just recently had the break pads worn display on my display unit yesterday.

What break pads would you guys recommend and a source to buy which is within budget and of the sporting break pad type.

Thanks

unless you are going mad, OEM. but if you look at your old pads they should say something on the back, imbossed into the back plate like Textar 4532 or something, just look for the textar in that material code, or who ever makes it... but tbh thats prob a bit too in depth, in which case just get them from TPS / dealer, dont be tempted by some budget pads, aas unless you know what you are looking for ie the approval numbers and material codes + brands you could get some very average pads that just pass reg90 or you could get some stonking ones.

ebc red stuffs will be ok but no real advantage over oemand could have a slightly numb feel when cold, like yellow stuff. unless you will be getting the brakes hot I would stick to either oem or poss green stuff pads, green stuff is lower dust and kinder to discs BUT you must bed it right, ie give it a bit of stick but not really hammer it but like wise dont be girly with it, as green stuff bedded wrong is ok, green stuff bedded right is brill!!!

unless you are going mad, OEM. but if you look at your old pads they should say something on the back, imbossed into the back plate like Textar 4532 or something, just look for the textar in that material code, or who ever makes it... but tbh thats prob a bit too in depth, in which case just get them from TPS / dealer, dont be tempted by some budget pads, aas unless you know what you are looking for ie the approval numbers and material codes + brands you could get some very average pads that just pass reg90 or you could get some stonking ones.

ebc red stuffs will be ok but no real advantage over oemand could have a slightly numb feel when cold, like yellow stuff. unless you will be getting the brakes hot I would stick to either oem or poss green stuff pads, green stuff is lower dust and kinder to discs BUT you must bed it right, ie give it a bit of stick but not really hammer it but like wise dont be girly with it, as green stuff bedded wrong is ok, green stuff bedded right is brill!!!
We've found our brake pad geek lol only joking!

We've found our brake pad geek lol only joking!

I know a bit, not everything but more than the average joe, as my job is type approval, so I witness and carry out reg 90 replacement brake pad approvals, I have seen some very very good materials from some very obscure makers, and I have also seen some average materials too, and very rarely some very poor ones that dont make the grade.

Hi! Ive got an s3 8p with grooved ebc discs and yellowstuff, they make a hell of a noise when I decelerate from say 130mph .... like an airplane.... suspect that those are the grooves tof the discs but just wondering if anybody else is experiencing that airplane like decelerating noise? Looking into getting something like these below.... have to find out if they'll fit first...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AP-Racing-4-p...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a5048a997

I have BEC REDSTUFF pads with standard discs and braided brake lines, great setup much better than standard but couldnt find any grooved discs to fit my car as they dont seem to make any for the 3.0 Quattro, so im probably losing abit of performance there.

I have BEC REDSTUFF pads with standard discs and braided brake lines, great setup much better than standard but couldnt find any grooved discs to fit my car as they dont seem to make any for the 3.0 Quattro, so im probably losing abit of performance there.

I beleive your front discs are the same size as the 2.0TFSI, so you could always try searching under them instead, but just check they are the same size first.

Thought EBC pads Green, yellow or red where all recommended based on power output, so yes the Redstuff may be fine for those with the 2.0TFSI and 3.0TDI as they're above 200BHP, but the OP hasn't specified which A4 S Line they have, so if it's a 2.0TDI the redstuff will ber overkill and will not work as well.

Hi! Ive got an s3 8p with grooved ebc discs and yellowstuff, they make a hell of a noise when I decelerate from say 130mph .... like an airplane.... suspect that those are the grooves tof the discs but just wondering if anybody else is experiencing that airplane like decelerating noise? Looking into getting something like these below.... have to find out if they'll fit first...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AP-Racing-4-p...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a5048a997

Me and you both pal. I hit them off the 155 limiter today and it sounded like I was drilling fro oil lol they work again for the round about though, wicked brakes!!

Thought EBC pads Green, yellow or red where all recommended based on power output, so yes the Redstuff may be fine for those with the 2.0TFSI and 3.0TDI as they're above 200BHP, but the OP hasn't specified which A4 S Line they have, so if it's a 2.0TDI the redstuff will ber overkill and will not work as well.

Im sure greenstuff would be good enough but also they recommend redstuff for the larger car so I guess it's down to how hard it'll be driven

I beleive your front discs are the same size as the 2.0TFSI, so you could always try searching under them instead, but just check they are the same size first.

My front discs are approx 320mm and have front S4 calipers

My front discs are approx 320mm and have front S4 calipers

Yes that's right same as the 2.0T then - 320mm discs and S4 calipers. Seems you B7 drivers got a decent brake upgrade over the B6's.