Changing centre brake light on A4 Cabriolet

sva19

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how I can get access to the centre brake light on the A4 Cab, it is located in the boot section, but opening the boot I cannot see any access points. Any pic would be useful thanks

Hi,

There is a round plastic cap in the boot behind the light, twist this and take it off. Then undo the bold behind it. Once the bolt is all the way out gently wiggle the light cluster and the whole thing should hinge outward away from the car. You can now access all the bulbs from the back.

Hi,

There is a round plastic cap in the boot behind the light, twist this and take it off. Then undo the bold behind it. Once the bolt is all the way out gently wiggle the light cluster and the whole thing should hinge outward away from the car. You can now access all the bulbs from the back.

I think he means the one in the boot lid it self and not the clusters.

I've never looked at taking that out but I guess there's some clips somewhere to undo!

Hi Yes its the light in the boot lid. Any ideas anyone?

remove the boot lining, youll need some force as the clips are strong! underneath this youll fing the looms, the boot lock etc.
it is like a double skin, the third brake light is fixed in inside there, all will become clear once youve removed the cover.

Resurrecting an old thread.

I keep getting a fault on my dash saying the boot light has gone this only happens when it rains it then clears within a few minutes , I've already had the light out and cleaned all the connections and sprayed it with gt40 which cured it for a month or two, new it's back I think I need a new light anyone know where to get one from apart from audi.

Thanks