EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227

    Service interval/cost

    Just had my car serviced as the service light came on the driver information screen. It's first service! 15000 miles.

    Obviously with such a lovely car I want to keep a full service history, so went to an Audi main dealer.

    263 for a Longlife service, and 2 new tyres for 280, total service 540!

    Havig had company cars for a few years now I forgot how much servicing costs!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    pjmspeedy's Avatar
    Dude, what's mine say ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,057
    Audi dealers are doing this fixed price servicing but I never know if the "major service" includes the "variable longlife" one! If it does they should have charged you 199.00.

    I would never get tyres from a dealer but just out of interest what sort of tyres did you get and what size are they ?
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

    For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

  4. #3
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    I got Dunlop 235/45 ZR 17 94Y

    The service I had was called an Audi Variable Lube Service replacing oil and pollen filters. Lord knows why you need pollen filters i a friggin convertible!

  5. #4
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    Just had my car serviced as the service light came on the driver information screen. It's first service! 15000 miles.

    Obviously with such a lovely car I want to keep a full service history, so went to an Audi main dealer.

    263 for a Longlife service, and 2 new tyres for 280, total service 540!

    Havig had company cars for a few years now I forgot how much servicing costs!
    Thats nothing my car takes 9 litres of oil!!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  6. #5
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Bet you look forward to your service then lol

  7. #6
    06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London (N8)
    Posts
    515
    Yeah the service should be 199 - you'll have to tell them that though as they try their luck. I first got told 280 by the dealer then when I pointed out it should be 199, they said "oh of course, you can have it for 199 then" - cheeky buggers!
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

  8. #7
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    Bet you look forward to your service then lol
    Apparently the 3.0 Tdi is one of the most expensive to service other than the rs4 , audi wanted 180 to change my oil!!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  9. #8
    s-line stu's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    183
    Stafford do an interim service for 99 (including parts):

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Interim-S...item587e46490e

    I think the major service is 199 as at other dealers. It pays to ring a couple to get prices first as some offer deals and some don't.

    The tyres didn't sound too bad on price, you may have got them for a bit less from an independant but I doubt by much. Obviously you can get cheaper 'budget' tyres but I'd avoid them at all costs as they can be dangerous especially in the wet.

  10. #9
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramodz View Post
    Yeah the service should be 199 - you'll have to tell them that though as they try their luck. I first got told 280 by the dealer then when I pointed out it should be 199, they said "oh of course, you can have it for 199 then" - cheeky buggers!
    Oh, so I was robbed then! Won't go there again, will try Vindis next time.

  11. #10
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Apparently the 3.0 Tdi is one of the most expensive to service other than the rs4 , audi wanted 180 to change my oil!!

    Cripes! Drive slowly my man!

  12. #11
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by s-line stu View Post
    Stafford do an interim service for 99 (including parts):

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Interim-S...item587e46490e

    I think the major service is 199 as at other dealers. It pays to ring a couple to get prices first as some offer deals and some don't.

    The tyres didn't sound too bad on price, you may have got them for a bit less from an independant but I doubt by much. Obviously you can get cheaper 'budget' tyres but I'd avoid them at all costs as they can be dangerous especially in the wet.
    Yeah, I could have saved a score if I had gone elsewhere, but it would have involved driving to another place and would probably have cost just short of that in petrol

  13. #12
    stevehall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Littleborough, Lancashire
    Posts
    298
    My 2.0T FSI is going in on Thursday this week, and i was told 199 from the start, with a car off them for 24 hours!

    And this is a 90K service, new plugs, oil, filters.

    It never ends up costing 199 tho!
    Steve
    ___________________________
    Audi A4 Avant B7 2.0T FSi Quattro


    Done: | Ambient Light | 18" Audi RS6 Alloys | Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar & ECU | De-Egg | RNS-E | Bluetooth Kit | RS4 Anti Roll Bar | Audi Torch | Full Rear De-Badge |

    To Come: | Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans - When I can find the right one!|

  14. #13
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    83
    Quote from Audi UK
    "
    Making sure your Audi keeps performing to its highest capabilities is important to us, which is why weve reviewed our nationwide prices to ensure we offer the best levels of service and affordability.

    There are no hidden charges, and wherever you are in the country youll now benefit from a fixed price for the following services:

    Major service - 199
    Interim service - 99
    Brake pads (Front or Rear) - 99
    Brake fluid change - 49
    Cambelt - 329

    Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you, and your car, will receive the highest level of care and attention.
    "
    audi . co . uk /audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/pricing.html


    08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop

  15. #14
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by gjwell View Post
    Quote from Audi UK
    "
    Making sure your Audi keeps performing to its highest capabilities is important to us, which is why weve reviewed our nationwide prices to ensure we offer the best levels of service and affordability.

    There are no hidden charges, and wherever you are in the country youll now benefit from a fixed price for the following services:

    Major service - 199
    Interim service - 99
    Brake pads (Front or Rear) - 99
    Brake fluid change - 49
    Cambelt - 329

    Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you, and your car, will receive the highest level of care and attention.
    "
    audi . co . uk /audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/pricing.html

    Buggers! I was charged as follows:

    Carried out AUDI variable lube service with inspection, to the manufacturers specification replacing the oil and pollen filters 147 + VAT

    Replacement of both front tyres 20 + VAT

    Filteroil 6.80 Element 11.35 Sump Plug 1.14 TOTAL 19.29 + VAT

    Tyres 226.10 + VAT

    Shell Ultra Oil 62.56 + VAT

    Total 475.01
    VAT 71.25

    So by my reckoning, the service part totals 147 + 19.29 + 62.56 + VAT = 263.17

    Not exactly 199!

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    83
    Mine is going in today for its second service. Im sure they quoted 280 on the phone so I shall question this when I book it in tonight and see what they say.


    08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop

  17. #16
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    83
    I just spoke to my Audi dealer, they said the service (2nd 34000 miles) would be 302. I asked about the Audi fixed price servicing and was told that only applies to fixed servicing not variable services as they use long life oil and have to do more. L


    08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop

  18. #17
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Ah right, so that's why it was more than 199. 302 seems a lot though!

  19. #18
    pjmspeedy's Avatar
    Dude, what's mine say ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,057
    I know I've read somewhere that Audi UK did confirm that this did include AVS! I'll see if I can find it....
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

    For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

  20. #19
    CSK423's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    My 2.0tdi 170 (2007) is due it's 3rd service (58k miles) dealers have quoted...

    330
    234 (same dealer also mentioned 199 when confirming the booking)

    Is the 199 not for cars over 3 yrs old though ??

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    83
    Pjmspeedy, please do I collect it tomorrow It would be great to have something haggle with. The cheeky gits then offered me a monthly payment scheme to save money. 3 services for 1051.72 !!! even at their rip off service rates of 302 that only makes 906 how does that save me exactly? Oh hold on i get more benfits ... 10% off accessories no thank you!, 10% off tyres errr no thank you. Free vehicle heath check!? And what do i pay 302 for a service for??, free wash and vac every time your car is with us! .. Dont touch my car!! Ill wash it myself thanks (with out a gritty sponge) , Free Courtesy car or collection or delivery.. hello what did I drive home in today after dropping my car off for a service! And breath <\end rant> J


    08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop

  22. #21
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by CSK423 View Post
    My 2.0tdi 170 (2007) is due it's 3rd service (58k miles) dealers have quoted...

    330
    234 (same dealer also mentioned 199 when confirming the booking)

    Is the 199 not for cars over 3 yrs old though ??
    Yeah, I just read that on AUDI website, cars over 3 years.

    Still, they lent me a TT roadster, so I wasn't too put out lol

  23. #22
    CSK423's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    I was charged 320 each time for the 1st and 2nd service, they had the cheek to ask for an additional 50 to replace the fuel filter on the 2nd service. (got my jaguar techy mate to purchase (20) and changeover for me)

    I didn't get 320 of service hence taking it elswhere to another VAG dealer for 234.

  24. #23
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    83
    Ok Audi just phoned front brake pads 75% worn 170
    Multitronic oil change required at 40K 202 ouch!

    2nd variable service 302

    Total 674

    I think Ill get the book stamped for the service and get the pads fitted by my friend (who works for Audi). Just the gearbox oil. After reading around it looks like I have to get this done and probably best by Audi. Anyone else had the gearbox oil changed? And how much?


    08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop

  25. #24
    Warp factor 10

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    23
    They don't include the 2.5 V6 TDI though, so 395 for me

  26. #25
    Good 2 B A Gooner's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by gjwell View Post
    Ok Audi just phoned front brake pads 75% worn 170
    Multitronic oil change required at 40K 202 ouch!

    2nd variable service 302

    Total 674

    I think Ill get the book stamped for the service and get the pads fitted by my friend (who works for Audi). Just the gearbox oil. After reading around it looks like I have to get this done and probably best by Audi. Anyone else had the gearbox oil changed? And how much?
    If you google the fixed price service, it shows you all the prices etc - Pads are "99"...

    Seems like depending on where you go they're thieving barstewards.
    Fortunately my dealer is ok, but you do have to quote the prices or you get their prices!

    http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/ow...i/pricing.html

  27. #26
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    The prices relate to cars over 3 years old. So it is cheaper to service older cars than newer cars? Is that because they rarely find any "extra" work in newer models under warranty so need to charge more?

  28. #27
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Beds, UK
    Posts
    1
    Anyone else had the gearbox oil changed? And how much?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

    I had mine done last week, 171 for the multitronic gearbox oil change & 49 for Brake fluid
    (2006 A4 2.0 tdi avant) This was at Hitchin Audi

  29. #28
    stevehall's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Littleborough, Lancashire
    Posts
    298
    Just had mine done today and it was about 85 ish
    Steve
    ___________________________
    Audi A4 Avant B7 2.0T FSi Quattro


    Done: | Ambient Light | 18" Audi RS6 Alloys | Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar & ECU | De-Egg | RNS-E | Bluetooth Kit | RS4 Anti Roll Bar | Audi Torch | Full Rear De-Badge |

    To Come: | Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans - When I can find the right one!|

  30. #29
    CSK423's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Had my 2007 2.0TDi 170 B7 serviced during the week.

    Charged 199 (I thought this was for cars over 3yrs only) turns out this is an Audi RRP and AN others choose to inflate this price.

    Previously I've been charged 320 iirc for a 20k and 40k service needless to say I'll be sticking with the 199 dealer, much better service and no hard sell on the 4 tyres needing replaced (157 each, the other dealer previously quoted 265 for these !).

    It pays to shop about.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO