Battery cover help needed

jwhat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right I got the battery, Rs4 and the other cover as below.

DSC03130.jpg

Before

DSC03132.jpg

After

DSC03133.jpg

Now my problem I have this space on the top left side as you can see

DSC03136.jpg

Is there a a bigger part that should fit?

And while I'm here is part number 8H0103928B for the cover that covers the pipes on the bottom left of the above pic?

Hope the pics aren't too big, I did try to resize them! :confused:

ill have a look for you when the bride gets back in the car, im sure there is something else there at the end of the battery cover, and ive also got the cover that goes over those pipes, that bit is from the V6 engines.
got all mine from pjmspeedy, send him a pm, he sells them all the time and would know the part numbers straight away and might be quicker than waiting for my wife to get back lol

Hello Jwhat,

Nice covers! I have recently bought a Seat Exeo, and guess what, no covers on mine either!
Can I ask, do you have the part numbers from Audi (or may I ask where you got them from) and their approx cost please?

Regards,

Stuart

If you pm pjmspeedy or search for engine covers in the B6 section you'll find all the part numbers, I don't have them to hand sorry.

Hello Jwhat,

Nice covers! I have recently bought a Seat Exeo, and guess what, no covers on mine either!
Can I ask, do you have the part numbers from Audi (or may I ask where you got them from) and their approx cost please?

Regards,

Stuart

I've just thought exactly the same for my Exeo ;)

Just spent 5mins finding out all of the Part Numbers needed:

1) 8E281944701C (main scuttle area cover) £12.22 + vat
2) 8E2819422A01C (small cover that attaches to above one, to cover battery) £4.99 +vat
3) 8E0103927D01C (RS4 cover, that covers the right hand side of the engine bay) £12 + vat)
4) 8H0103928 (cover that goes behind the airbox to cover the pipework) £11.23 + vat

Hope that helps ;)

I bought the covers the other week when my car was in for a service. I got the full scuttle panel, battery cover and RS4 side panel... currently half way through skinning the RS4 panel in carbon fibre :)

I'm waiting for the epoxy to cure fully, then it's on with flatting it back and polishing it up... it's a difficult shape to work with and my first time working with carbon fibre fabric so it's been educational! I've got enough fabric left to do the main engine cover too.

I'll do a how-to when it's all done...

As for that hole, my car already had a cover panel in place. Quite why Audi randomly put covers in on some models and not on others is beyond me.

Just spent 5mins finding out all of the Part Numbers needed:

1) 8E281944701C (main scuttle area cover) £12.22 + vat
2) 8E2819422A01C (small cover that attaches to above one, to cover battery) £4.99 +vat
3) 8E0103927D01C (RS4 cover, that covers the right hand side of the engine bay) £12 + vat)
4) 8H0103928 (cover that goes behind the airbox to cover the pipework) £11.23 + vat

Hope that helps ;)

Thanks I'll be buying Number 4 soon.

How do you find the exeo anyway? I used to have a toledo saloon and loved it!

anyone got pics of the V6 cover (no. 4 above)?

Search for engine covers in the B6 section and somone has a pic of a V6 with the cover in it.

I bought the covers the other week when my car was in for a service. I got the full scuttle panel, battery cover and RS4 side panel... currently half way through skinning the RS4 panel in carbon fibre :)

I'm waiting for the epoxy to cure fully, then it's on with flatting it back and polishing it up... it's a difficult shape to work with and my first time working with carbon fibre fabric so it's been educational! I've got enough fabric left to do the main engine cover too.

I'll do a how-to when it's all done...

As for that hole, my car already had a cover panel in place. Quite why Audi randomly put covers in on some models and not on others is beyond me.

That sounds interesting, Can't wait to see it.

I'm still looking for the number for the missing part, I wonder if the 2.0T's have a bigger airbox? If that's what the thing is?

Now my problem I have this space on the top left side as you can see

DSC03136.jpg

Is there a a bigger part that should fit?

Hi mate,

Did you ever find out the part number for the panel you're missing from the above pic?

Looks like the Exeo's also come without that panel (as well as all the others!) ;)

Cheers,
Andy

I think it's the fuse box cover or something, I haven't had a chance to look for a new one yet or even know if a different one will fit.

If I do find out i'll post it up.