de ambering my headlights

Irish EK

Reaction score
does anyone have a diy thread on how to remove the egg yokes from my headlights?? want to clean it up a bit!

thanks jwhat. gonna take a bit of time to build up the courage to do this!!

I'm going to have a go at this when I do my cam belt. The whole front end has to come off anyway.

Also, just a thought.... I might smoke the lens out alittle and see how that looks instead of bashing the lens off right away. I had a diesel before that had clear lenses, they'd look better also but I bet you can't just by clear lenses

I'm going to have a go at this when I do my cam belt. The whole front end has to come off anyway.

Also, just a thought.... I might smoke the lens out alittle and see how that looks instead of bashing the lens off right away. I had a diesel before that had clear lenses, they'd look better also but I bet you can't just by clear lenses
just take the orange out and use stelth bulbs

A few months later and I'm going to try to de-egg this weekend.

Did the Clear corner mod at the weekend, used the following two guides

Bumper one: B7 A4/S4: Clear Corner Mod/Removal of Bumper
Clear corner one (no drilling/hammering): DIY: CC (Clear Corner) Mod

When I was doing the clear corner bit, I couldn't get the heat gun to work so I put my headlights into the over. I tried 50 deg C for 5 mins but it didnt soften the glue enough, I then went to 75 degrees C for 5 mins and they came apart with a bit fo help from a flathead screwdriver. The other thing I did differently was to use a really thin t20 screwdriver I had lying about to take out the screw behind the chrome housing, it was a bit small for the screw(it's a t25 I think) but the screw came out alright and didn't slip too much and I would have been stuck without it as a normal screwdriver would have been too thick.

All I need is some chrome bulbs, so can anyone recommend some? and also what size are they? They look like opposite pin p21w / 382 but most auto bulb websites say py21w fit!!

Really glad I did it, the front of the car looks much cleaner now.

stelth bulbs like i posted b4
theres alover the bay