bulb upgrade

jon1982

diesel dodger
Reaction score
hi guys,

been looking at upgrading my standard headlight and side light bulbs and just wondering if anyone as done this without any problems as from looking under the bonnet it looks like the headlamps are pretty awkward to get to, to work with if u know what i mean. also any opinions on which bulbs to go for? have been looking at phillips extreme white/blue would like hids but too pricey!!:idea:

thanks in advance for any replys.

Take it from me it's a pain in the **** to get to the bulbs. Handy if you got children (small hands) lol

Yep could`nt agree more it helps if you have small hands or alternativly remove the engine first.

After almost 30 minutes i managed to get my bulbs in as there seems to be a knack to it, tried to change my side lights too but ended up dropping one inside my light housing, very annoying to say the least.

umm think i might leave it till service is due then and ask audi to put them in, thanks.

I didn't find it too bad to be honest, the side bulbs you have to yank out, feels like you'll break something but it doesn't...

Once you've changed them once (including the dipped) it's easy to do again. I've now got the extreme's and they're pretty good.

Changed mine to Osram night breakers for dip and main beam and found it fairly easy. Took 15 mins to do the lot.

Have a look in the hand book, it tells you how to do it by removing the air intake (only 1 screw) on the one side and the other you can get at anyway.

Beam is better but not quite as good as I'd hoped for but I still think it was worth it for £30.

ok thanks, think i,ll have a look this weekend then, think im gona go for the extremes they sound like the best all rounder for looks and brightness.

thanks again all.

extremes all the way! i have them in my full beam, they arent the pure white i was hoping for they are more a yellow white but still whiter than normal bulbs but the out put is soooo good!

just dont bother with any bulbs with a blue coating, it reduces the light output and the cheaper ones burn and the fhumes burn onto the lamp reflector, again reducing the output of the lamp.

and dont get me start on HID conversion kits in normal reflex reflector lamps...

I have both the osram bulbs (secured from work, haha) and the extremes. Might try and have ago myself this weekend.