Audi TV

archiemac281

Reaction score
Can any one give me advice on the best place to buy a TV add on which is compatible with Audi Sat Nav system 2007 as Audi want a fourtune for one of theres and all I want to do is watch a bit TV. Thanks

I've been thinking about this for a while as well.

There's a DVB-T tuner on ebay that's always listed for an RNS-E. The thing is I don't know how good it is because I don't know anyone who has one of these units. IIRC they are about £225 but whatever you do make sure you get a digital one.

I have seen the very same one but like you dont know if its any good, there is also one on from poland or some where like that for £199 but hate buying from abroad in case of problems. I would appreciate any advice on this matter, Thanks

There is another couple of good units out there but they cost around £600!! There's no way I'm spending that on TV for the car!

I haven't seen the other one you menioned but the £225 does look good but would just like to find someone who actually has it to find out what the reception is really like.

Someone on here must have it or at least know someone who does...

I've seen posts where an installer has tried several non-Audi TV tuners and found that the reception can be patchy because they use an inferior antenna system to the Audi 4 antennas in the glass one. You get what you pay for it seems...

I've seen posts where an installer has tried several non-Audi TV tuners and found that the reception can be patchy because they use an inferior antenna system to the Audi 4 antennas in the glass one. You get what you pay for it seems...

Hi PetrolDave - Do you have the TV function in your car ?

Where does the tv box live and where do attenna's live if it's factory fitted ?

Hi PetrolDave - Do you have the TV function in your car ?
Not in my current car - I had it in my B6 S4 and found that I so rarely used it I couldn't justify the cost again.

Where does the tv box live and where do attenna's live if it's factory fitted ?
The TV tuner is in a box behind the trim on the LHS of the boot, and the antennas are integrated into the glass of the rear windows.