oil usage seems extreme!

DTM1

Reaction score
since revo 2 noticed a burning smell when driving hard (above 5000 rpm).

oil was topped up 1100 miles ago and checked today only to find at minimum again!:scared2:

topped up with the shell long life (audi spec).

any views?

Also noticed car seems to have less torque on occasional days.

cheers all.

It could be a number of things like Turbo charger, worn piston rings, valve seals, leaky Oil cooler, bad compression ratio.

If it's to do with the turbo it could be.....
a restricted air inlet, a restricted exhaust, resitiction in the oil drain away from the turbo charger, crankcase ventilation problems or excessive crankcase pressure.

Seems it's not expensive I would go and get a compression test done first just to rule that out. However because you say it has less torque I have a feeling that your remap may have shortened the life of your turbo and that it needs a rebuild with some better internals to handle the extra power your putting through it.

Let us know how you get on...

Its a dtm with a revo 2 map, are you ragging it everywhere then?

I have heard these engines can burn oil excessively. I know someone with a 2008 2.0T FSI (standard) and he says it's terrible for it. I have a 2005 70k remapped (Jabbasport) and it's been brilliant and I drive mine very hard, track days too...strange

My 2.0Tdi 170 used to drink oil. Had it serviced at Audi the other month and it's not drunk a drop since?!?!?

well been out today with the brother in law who is a bit of a tech expert.........

he has diagnosed i have a well known illness

'Had the remap for a couple of weeks and got used to it'

the burning smell was where i had spilt a little oil whilst topping up! :jester:

so all is well!

just the k04 to fit and fuel pump now.

oh and the coilovers.

1 litre per 1000 miles is supposed to be acceptable IIRC

Mark is right, thats what I remember being told about my S4 B6 tbh, I remember that very clearly after dropping £50 on oil & thinking how could it eat it so much, lol, thats the V8 mate said audi tech mate, lol, doh

well been out today with the brother in law who is a bit of a tech expert.........

the burning smell was where i had spilt a little oil whilst topping up! :jester:

Well you never said you spilt the oil, I mean come on how are we supposed to assist you if you dont tell us the truth, lol.

Yeah that happens alot, getting used to the remap, but tbh 2 weeks seems rather quick, took me a long long time, then some days I would be like wow love this remap.

so all is well!

just the k04 to fit and fuel pump now.

oh and the coilovers.

K04 and pump next for me too, not this side of Christmas though plus the missus wants to but a house together.....they just done understand how happy. Big turbo makes a man! I should tell her it's like a big willy she might understand then lol:kissmyrings:

have you been quoted on k04 and fuel pump?

are you sticking with standard clutch?

have you been quoted on k04 and fuel pump?

are you sticking with standard clutch?

The pump is £600 and the turbo will be between £1000-£1500. Will need to uprate clutch also. Plus rolling road setup etc etc. Big cash for this next step. I've been told I'll only see 300bhp don't know how you've got 290bhp with your mods. Newman do some cams that will give 15bhp. Bigger injectors too, inlets and allsorts are available.

torque,

290bhp on a cold day............

according to vagtech i sould be around 280 bearing in mind a revo 1 is circ 255 to 260 the miltek turbo and cat back with revo 2 giving up to 10% so should be about right but not been on a rolling road so who knows mate.:meeting:

when are you going for the k04?

cheers

The pump is £600 and the turbo will be between £1000-£1500. Will need to uprate clutch also. Plus rolling road setup etc etc. Big cash for this next step. I've been told I'll only see 300bhp don't know how you've got 290bhp with your mods. Newman do some cams that will give 15bhp. Bigger injectors too, inlets and allsorts are available.

Would like to get around feb/march time but then again it's not just the turbo I want so best off waiting I guess. It's all money. Me missus wants to buy a place together too which might put my plans back some what... Lottery tonight though lol

torque,

290bhp on a cold day............

according to vagtech i sould be around 280 bearing in mind a revo 1 is circ 255 to 260 the miltek turbo and cat back with revo 2 giving up to 10% so should be about right but not been on a rolling road so who knows mate.:meeting:

when are you going for the k04?

cheers
By the way is your exhaust noisy? I will have to replace/ uprate mine soon but can't stand boy racer crap noise..

By the way is your exhaust noisy? I will have to replace/ uprate mine soon but can't stand boy racer crap noise..

still looks the same at rear to a degree.............

DTM exhausts do seem rather meaty, had one sitting around brighton audi for number of weeks & everytime I heard was burbling in the corner, they got some speed to them huh

DTM exhausts do seem rather meaty, had one sitting around brighton audi for number of weeks & everytime I heard was burbling in the corner, they got some speed to them huh

not as stock, the torque is far to flat, lot better now and looking forward to k04!

May as well uprate when mine goes. I hear good and bad about milltek ..?

I've had a custom systam priced up by some recommended fabricators. I don't wants excessive noise so custom may be better for me...