Newbie buying an S4 - manual or auto?

AudiDamo

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just sold my Evo 8 MR FQ340 for something a bit more civilised so am getting a S4 Saloon.

Ideally I want a manual but cant find the spec I want. What are the flappy paddle tiptronics actaully like??

Any recomendations when buy an S4?

Cheers

Damian

I had the B6 S4 avant, which is almost identical to the B7, apart from both are thirsty as hell, lovely car, completely different to the Evo for sure, more refined drive, I had a manual but wished I had an stronic tbh, just more chilled out given the number of cars on the road these days.

Check on a cold startup for any metalic chain noiseness, namely slack, if it doesnt go away straight away when started then that could be an issue, but for me I cant think of any issues of the top of my head except normal things like clutch, gearing, brakes etc, oil levels, coolant stains, normal things on every car to check.

I'm sure someone else will add a few issues to check for.

I love the B7 car, any of them as they're perfectly sized & pleasure to be in which my B6 was every single time I used it, pity the fuel gauge moved quicker than the car, lol

great thanks.Got to find one with the right spec now

Cheers

I went from an Evo 4 (high bhp) to a A4 2.0TDi, but for running cost reasons, as well as being a bit more civilised.
I don't regret it one bit, although I do miss the Evo now and then.

It took me some time to find the spec I wanted, but they are out there. I do know how hard it is to wait, but it will be worth it.

Good luck in your search. :icon_thumright: