Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Replacement Keyfob

Looking for some advice on getting a spare fob, seen some on ebay and they state that they will tell you how to reprogram the key after its bought and I have to get it cut myself, How true is this and I think I need my frequency number and serial number but cant make them out so how do I find these out. Thanks for your help a Newbie

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    I've only ever known for the dealer to be able to program new fobs plus the cutting...

Are they alot cheaper on eBay then? They're not cheap from main dealer
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by archiemac281 View Post
    Looking for some advice on getting a spare fob, seen some on ebay and they state that they will tell you how to reprogram the key after its bought and I have to get it cut myself, How true is this and I think I need my frequency number and serial number but cant make them out so how do I find these out. Thanks for your help a Newbie
    Yeah and once they have those details and your address im sure they will be round to collect your car at some point!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Neutral

Status
    You can buy them for about 10 with a new uncut blade but I dont think they need your personal info but I would like to know if this is true !

1st Gear

Status
    Dont bother getting off ebay. I done it last year, never again! Got a brand new 1 off ebay uncut blade for 30.Got it cut for 10 but no one could program it after paying a few companies 10 each to have a go. Went to dealers in the end to get it done who then charged me 55 to tell me they could'nt do it either! The fob could open central locking but not start car. I had to buy a new immobiliser part off dealers which cost about 65. All in all it cost me about 170 which is what it costs for brand new programmed one off dealers. I'd just go dealers mate.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that gents, I will take your advice and use main dealers.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Do yourself a favour, given my dealings with keys on 2 audi's, wont go into details as posted numerous times, just goto dealers as the newer keys are alot cheaper tbh, newer style on the 8P like the B7 are about 50-70 & coding is 30 minutes tops so half hour charge, need all keys when going to dealer as they recode the whole car, so dont forget & also take all car docs, proof of address & passport, given its immo security systems on car audi have set a procedure in place now that this has to be shown for any security changes on the car.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Thanks to all for your help and advice.