Replacement Keyfob

archiemac281

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on getting a spare fob, seen some on ebay and they state that they will tell you how to reprogram the key after its bought and I have to get it cut myself, How true is this and I think I need my frequency number and serial number but cant make them out so how do I find these out. Thanks for your help a Newbie

I've only ever known for the dealer to be able to program new fobs plus the cutting...

Are they alot cheaper on eBay then? They're not cheap from main dealer

Looking for some advice on getting a spare fob, seen some on ebay and they state that they will tell you how to reprogram the key after its bought and I have to get it cut myself, How true is this and I think I need my frequency number and serial number but cant make them out so how do I find these out. Thanks for your help a Newbie

Yeah and once they have those details and your address im sure they will be round to collect your car at some point!

You can buy them for about £10 with a new uncut blade but I dont think they need your personal info but I would like to know if this is true !

Dont bother getting off ebay. I done it last year, never again! Got a brand new 1 off ebay uncut blade for £30.Got it cut for £10 but no one could program it after paying a few companies £10 each to have a go. Went to dealers in the end to get it done who then charged me £55 to tell me they could'nt do it either! The fob could open central locking but not start car. I had to buy a new immobiliser part off dealers which cost about £65. All in all it cost me about £170 which is what it costs for brand new programmed one off dealers. I'd just go dealers mate.

Thanks for that gents, I will take your advice and use main dealers.

Do yourself a favour, given my dealings with keys on 2 audi's, wont go into details as posted numerous times, just goto dealers as the newer keys are alot cheaper tbh, newer style on the 8P like the B7 are about £50-£70 & coding is 30 minutes tops so half hour charge, need all keys when going to dealer as they recode the whole car, so dont forget & also take all car docs, proof of address & passport, given its immo security systems on car audi have set a procedure in place now that this has to be shown for any security changes on the car.