Parrot in B7

20TDI

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

just changed the Leon FR for a B7 2.5tdi v6, and enjoying the increased comfort of the Audi and smoothness of the V6 :)

Looking at installing an MKi9200 Parrot for phone first and foremost and ipod secondarily. I think I'll mount the remote either on the cruise control stalk with the steering wheel attachment, or just lay it flat next to the gearstick.

I want to put the screen directly above the hazrd light switch is there a no holes mount available for here rather than down the side of the radio? I've seen the ones that kind of attach to the air vents but think they look a bit big for the parrot screen?

Any suggestions before i try and fashion something myself :)

I've seen quite a few installs by the pro's. (I'm in the motor trade) they tend to use brackets that can fit between trim panels etc and they mount the piece of equipment, parrot screen, to the bracket to avoid damage to dash etc. You only need a slim piece of alumnium, take out radio or whatever and mount, refit radio etc etc....
Hopefully no visable damage to any trim. Not sure if this helps in anyway.

As for the iPod fit, I brought an expensive unit and tried to install only to discover you can only use one type, a £300 unit with the Audi sat nav unit!! I'm pretty sure you can use most types if you have a normal Audi headunit though.

I've seen quite a few installs by the pro's. (I'm in the motor trade) they tend to use brackets that can fit between trim panels etc and they mount the piece of equipment, parrot screen, to the bracket to avoid damage to dash etc. You only need a slim piece of alumnium, take out radio or whatever and mount, refit radio etc etc....
Hopefully no visable damage to any trim. Not sure if this helps in anyway.

As for the iPod fit, I brought an expensive unit and tried to install only to discover you can only use one type, a £300 unit with the Audi sat nav unit!! I'm pretty sure you can use most types if you have a normal Audi headunit though.

Sorry to come in late!

It can be mounted to the trim above the cup holder/Hazzard lights, the trim is only £8 to replace as i done this on my car.

Sorry to come in late!

It can be mounted to the trim above the cup holder/Hazzard lights, the trim is only £8 to replace as i done this on my car.

Thanks Gooner - thats the answer I was looking for! Replacement trim = cheaper than a no holes bracket. winner

I can photo where mine is when im back from Korea, should be able to get a pic up sunday / monday, its mounted on a plate which sits down the side of the head unit, very neat and to hand and easy to see.

I have installed the MKi9200 in my A4. Here are two pictures - apologies for the quality as it was dark at the time!
DSCF2412.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg