Coding a Cab

kite

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can a B7 Cab be coded for windows up and down from the remote ?

Thats cool.
Where from, how much and is it easy to fit.
Thanks

I fitted smart top it is fully programmable using the roof switch and drivers door lock button.

You get the following features.
  • One touch roof operation
  • Operate roof or windows from the keyfob
1 presses unlock drivers door
2 presses unlock all doors
3 presses unlock all doors and drop windows.
4 presses unlock all doors, drop windows and roof
5 presses unlock all doors, drop roof and raise windows.
3. start closing the roof, stop the engine get out and walk off and it continues.
4. start opening the roof, start engine and drive off.
5. Alter the max speed the roof can operate at (I don’t advise using this)
6. flash indicators while operating roof.
7. Stealth mode, hide from VagCom and disable all features.

Easy to fit, it comes with a harness so you just unplug the roof control unit and put a y cable in between. The only other connections are two power cables that you scotch lock. It also has an LED that indicates correct installation before you put the panel back on.

Only downside. It cost about £250 then I got clobbered for £50 import from UPS and customs.

Thanks all, looks like a smart top then.....

If this can drop the windows how come that it cant do it from the factory unit...? smartop seems the way to go Kite.... just gotta decide when and if I am capable . :)

If this can drop the windows how come that it cant do it from the factory unit...? smartop seems the way to go Kite.... just gotta decide when and if I am capable . :)
I'm sure 2 heads are better than 1.....
I know your busy at the mo, just give me a call when you what to change back the coding.
Good luck with the lights and whatnot.....

Not really chosen the smarttop (its the only one I could spell without reference) but I like the idea of the windows be remote controlled...and i cant see this option on the Kufatec unit

a fair enough point, dont think ive tried my windows since fitting it. lol

kite mentioned changing coding and changing lights, what you doing ? b7 ? what coding ? might be able to help.

We changed the coding to try to get the windows to work from the remote....no go.
When PMJ gets the time, we need to change his coding back to original.

Oh the lights thing, PMJ has flickering Xenons, his dealer will hopefully sought this.

yes, tried a few adaptions for windows myself, cant see why it doesnt do it on the cabs,only works with the key in the lock, not remotely, bummer

Yeah cr*p, I think it might have something to do with window drop/roof operation.

i think your right, although i cant see why it would interfear, it still does it with the key in the door so why not with remote, doesnt make sense

That's almost the conversation Kite and I have had... why in every circumstance do the windows work auto except with the remote...even if there is a cut off because its a cab we cant understand hpw it works on the key. there must be some way of over riding it