B7 2.0T Quattro, anyone had a new clutch/flywheel

Andy D

Reaction score
Been looking around and getting rough prices for Clutch and flywheel, also for upgraded clutch and flywheel due to my remap.

Not surprisingly, they are very expensive.

Have any of you guys had yours replaced or upgraded, if so whereabouts and what was the full cost?

I'm also a bit worried about buying online incase I get the wrong version or a low quality one which tbh I couldn't tell the difference as I know nothing about clutches/flywheels etc.

Mine went 3 months ago - with a £1300 bill! More timing than anything - 4 years old & uncertain previous history.

I've was advised that the clutch on the 2.0T FSI is sufficient even after stage 2.

Mines just been remapped and is throwing out 278bhp from 4wd rolling road last week.

Tim.

Tim, how long had you had the 278bhp remap before the clutch went?

Had mine done in August ....prior to remap...

I paid £950 all in for genuine clutch and fly and at the time thought that I'd had my pants pulled down and spanked but it doesn't seem to bad listening to other quotes

big job by all accounts with it being 4wd

I had mine done recently and it cost me £750 for parts and £375 for fitting, you have to use AUDI OEM parts as nobody seems to supply after market unless the car is over 5 years old.

Mine went 3 months ago - with a £1300 bill! More timing than anything - 4 years old & uncertain previous history.

I've was advised that the clutch on the 2.0T FSI is sufficient even after stage 2.

Mines just been remapped and is throwing out 278bhp from 4wd rolling road last week.

Tim.
Are you getting any clutch slip when flooring it in 5th or 6th?
BTW, 278BHP is is a cracking result, did you change anything else to get the extra power or just a remap?

Had mine done in August ....prior to remap...

I paid £950 all in for genuine clutch and fly and at the time thought that I'd had my pants pulled down and spanked but it doesn't seem to bad listening to other quotes

big job by all accounts with it being 4wd
Just seen your signature...What's your opinion on the Forge BOV, is it worth it?

My clutch & flywheel went before the remap. So that wasn't the problem.
Although under warranty - they said it was wear & tear.

Although I paid the £1300 - I ended up getting £1800 back from them after a dealer error, but that's another story.

Tim.

Never get the car to 5th or 6th gear. Who needsthem when 1 to 3 gets you to a tonne!

Tim.

Has anyone with a 2.0T Quattro managed to get to 80/90K without changing the clutch?

Just seen your signature...What's your opinion on the Forge BOV, is it worth it?

TBH Andy I think its a little bit pants, not what I was expecting

Its not like the old school bailey dump valves I used to have on Sierra Cosworths and the like but then again I'm not 20 anymore either. The sound is a bit weak at times with it being electronically controlled, it sounds like when a bus releases air from its brakes but quite a bit quieter.

Mine is fitted with the standard (but uprated B8) Audi diverter valve so maybe it would be worth replacing this with the Forge diverter valve as well which is mechanically controlled rather than electronic. The BOV is only an alloy spacer at the of the day with some holes in it and all the air venting from the engine is done by the DV.

If I was fitting one again, I think I would buy the Forge DV and BOV to use in conjunction with each other rather than the Audi electronic valve. For what it costs though its worth doing if thats the effect your after.

I'll leave it Mike, I'm only looking into what to replace my current one with if/when it goes as they have a habit of the diaphragm tearing.

I'll just go down the OEM updated spec one as you have, I'd prefer to do as much as I can with Audi parts, I'm not a purist or anything daft like that, I just think they do produce quality components. (most of the time)

Hi Gents,

my B7 2.0T FSI Quattro Avant Sline is at the garage as we speak. The machanic is a mate so I trust him implicetly(sp?) but he's just rang to say it needs a new clutch and the flywheel is also shagged. He's suggesting parts off LUK.
Anyone got any info on these or any other suggestions?

Cheers Guys!

Luk and Sachs make the clutches etc for Audi and are normally available aftermarket

Got mine done for £500 all in however this was on a diesel 2.0.

Got mine done under warranty before a got the car had 35000 now it's done 49000 no problems

On 95k and never had a clutch, doesn't slip in any way. But still standard other than decat and forge bov. Thinking of buying this full kit......AUDI A4 2.0 TFSI FLYWHEEL + SPORTS CLUTCH + BEARING

Had the full clutch kit, dual mass flywheel and a service all done yesterday for £720 Inc vat. Parts are LUK. Seen the old and they were screwed.
Feels so much better to drive now!
On 86k and I've done 62k of that.