How to remove the factory fitted phone cradle?

ntp

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to remove the factory installed phone cradle stand? I can't find a phone cradle for my HTC Touch Pro so I would like to remove it an make some space for another cradle. is there a guide somewhere that I can use?

Thanks in advance!

Is that the one in the dash or the armrest? I've heard of people removing the radio and you can unscrew the cradle from it or something similar but it leaves a little square holes where it was in the dash and the only remedy is a new dash.

If it's fitted into the side of the radio or climate, then it's easy as....

Firstly you'll need a set of radio removal keys (check ebay, they're £2.50ish) remove the radio and if needed climate, (if you need to remove the climate - Just give it a tug, and it should pull out) the attachment should just be screwed into the side as it was with my old A3.

Most parts are easy and cheap to repair in and around the stereo/dash, i had the top part of the din (the plastic that sits above the cup holder/coin draw) and that was only £8!

If it's fitted into the dash in some way, i can't see you having holes left in the dash...?!

Or you could just go into your local dealer, they should help you if you speak to the parts department!

If it's fitted into the side of the radio or climate, then it's easy as....

Firstly you'll need a set of radio removal keys (check ebay, they're £2.50ish) remove the radio and if needed climate, (if you need to remove the climate - Just give it a tug, and it should pull out) the attachment should just be screwed into the side as it was with my old A3.

Most parts are easy and cheap to repair in and around the stereo/dash, i had the top part of the din (the plastic that sits above the cup holder/coin draw) and that was only £8!

If it's fitted into the dash in some way, i can't see you having holes left in the dash...?!

Or you could just go into your local dealer, they should help you if you speak to the parts department!

Hi,

thanks for advice. However, I couldn't understand if I will end up having holes left in the side panel. I will probably remove the RNS-e without a problem but what am I going to do with the wholes. My a4 is all covered by creamy leather and it won't look nice.

The stand is positioned to the right side of the Sat NAV (RNS-e). Shall I just leave it there then?

Is that the one in the dash or the armrest? I've heard of people removing the radio and you can unscrew the cradle from it or something similar but it leaves a little square holes where it was in the dash and the only remedy is a new dash.

Thanks jwhat,

New dash would be far too expensive.

New center console for the A4 B7 is £60 ish, an hours work to replace it and a little bit of dremmling if you have an armrest.

Hi,

thanks for advice. However, I couldn't understand if I will end up having holes left in the side panel. I will probably remove the RNS-e without a problem but what am I going to do with the wholes. My a4 is all covered by creamy leather and it won't look nice.

The stand is positioned to the right side of the Sat NAV (RNS-e). Shall I just leave it there then?

my old cradle had been fixed with screws, but into the inside of the climate cage - meaning you couldn't see any screw holes.

Can you get a pic on here?

my old cradle had been fixed with screws, but into the inside of the climate cage - meaning you couldn't see any screw holes.

Can you get a pic on here?

That's interesting. I will take a photo tomorrow and post here.:thumbsup:

I have just taken these pictures and now the question is will I have the holes once I remove the phone stand?

IMGP6647.JPG

IMGP6649.JPG

IMGP6648.JPG

Think you'd be best to speak with your local dealer mate :think:

You can just replace that plastice if it leaves holes, but it's a fair bit - On the plus side you could probably put it on ebay after :icon_thumright:

Think you'd be best to speak with your local dealer mate :think:

You can just replace that plastice if it leaves holes, but it's a fair bit - On the plus side you could probably put it on ebay after :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the advice.

HI all, Hope this helps guys

Watch "Custom Dash Mount for Phone holder A4 Audi 02-08 …" on YouTube - Custom Dash Mount for Phone holder A4 Audi 02-08 …: