Diesel gauge doesn't work properly. What should I do?

ntp

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would appreciate if somebody gives me a bit of advice. Perhaps somebody who has experienced the same problem. The diesel gauge on the dashboard of my A4 (b7) doesn't show accurate measurements. Even it tricked me the other day into calling RAC when the car all of a sudden stopped. Well, what the RAC person did was to pour some diesel in my tank and embarrass me.

Could anybody share some ideas as per how to fix this? Would I need to change the gauge on the dashboard or is it something to do with the tank?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Hi all,

I would appreciate if somebody gives me a bit of advice. Perhaps somebody who has experienced the same problem. The diesel gauge on the dashboard of my A4 (b7) doesn't show accurate measurements. Even it tricked me the other day into calling RAC when the car all of a sudden stopped. Well, what the RAC person did was to pour some diesel in my tank and embarrass me.

Could anybody share some ideas as per how to fix this? Would I need to change the gauge on the dashboard or is it something to do with the tank?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

What was it showing when your car stopped mate? could be a damaged or faulty sensor.

Well, it was showing that I had at least 1/4 of the tank full but in fact there wasn't any diesel left. Also when I fill it up it moves to 3/4 full instead of right to end.

Any ideas? Where is the sensor located? I suppose it is in the tank? Do you know how much it would cost me to get it fixed?

Well, it was showing that I had at least 1/4 of the tank full but in fact there wasn't any diesel left. Also when I fill it up it moves to 3/4 full instead of right to end.

Any ideas? Where is the sensor located? I suppose it is in the tank? Do you know how much it would cost me to get it fixed?

Honestly not sure on this one mate.

I would contact audi first and have a word!

Can anybody else give some advice? I am reluctant to use an AUDI stealer. It is not so much of a problem but it would be nice if I could fix it.