childish question but have to know..

Andy D

Reaction score
What's the top speed of a standard A4 S-LINE 2.0t quattro special edition?
I'm also curious to know what the new top speed would be now that it's mapped to appx 260bhp.

I'll never have the chance to take her to these exotic speeds but I'm sure some of you guys have been to the autobhan or on private tracks etc.

It's just one of those pieces of info I need to know, this way I'll never have to try it out....much safer.....lol:angrymod:

I reckon if you found the top speed of a standard 2.0T FSI Quattro with 197BHP (parkers 147 mph), then the top speed of a 2.0T FSI Quattro spec ed with 217bhp (152mph), you could easily draw a little graph and extrapolate the line to pass through the 260bhp point? These top speeds from what car's figures are known to be pretty accurate...... has anyone got the time to do this!?! must be around 158mph....

Something I'd like to know; again, childish but WTF. Isnt a 2.0T Fsi Spec ed with 217bhp a factory remapped standard 197bhp engine? In which case if you remapped a spec ed would you get the usual figure of 217bhp plus 50bhp, ie, 267bhp. Or would you still end up at where a standard remapped car would be, ie, 250 bhp?

The tuner said it should be 260bhp or thereabouts, I cant say anything about the mechanical differences between the 197bhp and 217bhp models (if any).
I do know the exhaust tips are different, this might hint at a different exhaust system.

I suspected there might be a limiter as per all the high powered German cars. Even so 155mph is fairly motoring...lol

I#ve got two new vredestien ultracs in the garage and will buy the other two next month, then I'll put the four on, should give me a bit more confidence in pushing it a bit.

I always worry when on tyres I don't know the history of, Imagine chancing big treble figures on tyres with puncture repairs.....scary!

I suspected there might be a limiter as per all the high powered German cars. Even so 155mph is fairly motoring...lol

I#ve got two new vredestien ultracs in the garage and will buy the other two next month, then I'll put the four on, should give me a bit more confidence in pushing it a bit.

I always worry when on tyres I don't know the history of, Imagine chancing big treble figures on tyres with puncture repairs.....scary!

If there's 1 thing I learnt from a younger age and that is there no substiute for quality! They're not exactly cheap for 18's either. I changed from Dunlop Sport maxx to the SP's. I paid £160 per tyre which is reasonable. The Sport maxx where around the £200 mark but are too soft for the size and weight of the car. Having tracked day'd at Silverstone the Sport maxx pretty much melted and provided rubbish levels of grip. The SP's are pretty good though. If anone else has recommendations let me know as I go through a set roughly ever 3-4months. I only drive it weekends lol:busted_cop:

I'm on Dunlop sport mxx just now, I've found them to be alround good tyres although but as said, they are quite pricey to replace.
Heard so many positive reviews on the Vredestiens ultrac sessantas both for wet and dry grip and also on lengevity that I had to give them a go....also less than half the price of sport maxx too at about £95 a corner.

I'm on Dunlop sport mxx just now, I've found them to be alround good tyres although but as said, they are quite pricey to replace.
Heard so many positive reviews on the Vredestiens ultrac sessantas both for wet and dry grip and also on lengevity that I had to give them a go....also less than half the price of sport maxx too at about £95 a corner.

If you could let me know how you get on with them that would be great!

By the way the sport maxx are a really good tyre but I drive like a hooligan and they get really hot and melt along with the grip! (on track mostly)