JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Water in Spare Wheel Well ?

I have an A4 Avant 2.0 TDI 2005, I notice quite a lot of water in the spare wheel well, it seems to be coming from the are around the rear lights. On closer insoection I pulled back the rubber on the inside of the rain channel around the light fitting and there is a mighty great hole on both sides of the car which will obviously let in water!
    Am I missing some sort of seal? The rubber thats there doesnt make any sort of seal at all. Cant believe Audi designed a hole in the rain channel.
    What am I missing ??
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    On further inspection It seems the rain channel just stops and the water discharges into the boot space. Does anyone else have this problem and whats the remedy?? Thanks

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by everogere View Post
    On further inspection It seems the rain channel just stops and the water discharges into the boot space. Does anyone else have this problem and whats the remedy?? Thanks
    had the same prob, turned out to be a pin hole in the well weld. was under warrenty so they fixed it.

audi guy did say that the lights can leak at time!
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.