Retro MFSW

Well should work no problem on yours mate as the MF parts seem to be same across the different chassis & wheels, just make sure you get the correct airbag to fit.

Also I know that seller, his name is Albert & he is very reliable & nice bloke.

Personally 4 spoke wheel isnt that nice, but everyone to there own mate, Albert sells others, 3 spoke is nicer.

Hi Mate.

I would have gone for the 3 spoke but I would like to re-use my air bag to save spending lots.

Do you know the seller? Discount?

As is said in post 1 - i have the 4 spoke wheel and would like to add the MF bit, but was not sure of how to go about it.

I am going to get a wheel and then look at how it would fit, and find out if i would need - 4F0 971 589A

If you definitely want it mate, then I can ask him if he would lower the price

I am thinking of getting my hands on one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330348563420&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just want to confirm that I would be able to get the MF buttons to work, and also the shift buttons?

I've looked at the 3-spoke version but they are for the B8 chassis so you are likely to need a new airbag. I'm in a similar predicament, don't want to shell out for a new airbag but fancy the A6 S-Line wheel. Think I might play it safe and get one with part code beginning with 8E0.

I've looked at the 3-spoke version but they are for the B8 chassis so you are likely to need a new airbag. I'm in a similar predicament, don't want to shell out for a new airbag but fancy the A6 S-Line wheel. Think I might play it safe and get one with part code beginning with 8E0.

So you cant find a 3 spoke B7 wheel anywhere?

Last edited:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. There are a few 3-spokes on ebay, I've been watching a few for months. I prefer the A6 wheel as it looks a lot nicer but don't want to buy an airbag so I will, shortly, be buying a B7 3-spoke MFSW, probably an RS4 from that guy on ebay.

Ah I see, its just the standard 3 spoke one, thought was the older 3 spoke B5/B6 version, yeah that'll be nice, maybe lookout for an alcantara one, they're lovely to drive with, had 2 before.

Didn't realise there was an alcantara one, that would go well with my interior. Don't suppose you have a part number handy?

Good work jwhat!

P.s. Don't you need to update the sig? Thought you had the S4's on there already?

Good work jwhat!

P.s. Don't you need to update the sig? Thought you had the S4's on there already?

Eh well they are actually still sitting in the shed!:ermm: But I have a good excuse, I had to get a shoulder op so I'm not allowed do any hard work yet, hopefully they will be on in the next two weeks.

Quick question to any that know the answer : I am currently in the process of buying parts for my B6 avant so that i can retrofit RNSE, DIS, and FBMFSW. Anyway i have got most items i need now except the goddam Slip Ring! The wheel i have is a B7 flat bottom S Line wheel so i am pretty sure i need a B7 slip ring to go with it part number 4E0 953 541 B but the seem rarer than rocking horse crap! so what i want to know is there any other slip rings i can use with this wheel and still get all the multifunction buttons working as i have spotted a few slip rings with the A suffix but don't wanna buy the wrong thing.

Cheers guys