Does your TMF work on Sat Nav?

s-line stu

Reaction score
My TMF is crossed out but set to be on and is also set to auto so according to the manual there is no traffic info broadcast in the area.

I live near Birmingham so am hardly in a remote area and just wondered if anyone else receives this ok as I gather it picks up incidents on your route so the nav can direct you around them.

Mine works okay Stu,

When I first got my car it was telling me about queues on the M25 which is handy cos I live up past manchester and work from home meaning I never really venture down that way.

I did a bit of fiddling and you have the option to set it to a local radio station if you press the set up button on the right whilst in info mode.

Didn't stop me from sitting on the M6 on the way back from the lakes on sunday :) .....noticed the traffic warnings symbol on the M6 higlighted on the screen right where the 10 mile tailback started....and I'd just passed a sliproad junction...baaaah

Now I know mine works though I'll try and pay more attention to it

HTH

Mike

Mine is on at the minute but I heard it can come and go. I don't know the actuall reason for it but I think "1wheel's" was out for a few days then came back a few days after so don't worry.
Just annoying I guess when you have to use the M6 without it.

it is TMC and i thought it only worked from the 2008 disc >

Think your right it is TMC (I was typing it from memory and wasn't totally sure). I commute M40, A46, M45, M1 so it would be useful if I could get it working as I sat in a queue for 20 mins this morning on the M1 and was late for work. Only plus side was my boss was about 4 cars ahead in the same queue!
Mine is a 2007 car so I gather I would have a 2006/2007 dvd but assume if it displays it on the screen (albeit crossed out) then it should be available?

Last edited:
what year dvd's you using, think was added with 07 onwards dvd's, I know its on 08 & I have a set of genuine 08 dvd's for sale that would definitely add tmc to any rns-e & update the firmware to 650

Mine is a 2007 car so I gather I would have a 2006/2007 dvd but assume if it displays it on the screen (albeit crossed out) then it should be available?
The reason it's crossed out is because your DVD is too old to have working UK TMC. Audi had to do a deal with Trafficmaster and only SW version 0550 and later have working UK TMC.

TMC has worked in most European countries on our sat navs for years - the UK (along with Finland) charge for TMC but other countries provide it as a public service...

That's why the TMC logo appears on your screen, albeit crossed out. Go to France with your current DVD and TMC will work!

im running the latest sw 650, and my tmc is crossed out, it used to be on but isnt anymore.

S-line Stu ... Please report back as I also have the tmc crossed out and I could have donne with the traffic reports on the M3 today.... looks like a DVD upgrade....