B8 rear wiper

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
This has become like the passat fan washer jets, Ive had a few folk now ask me about this, so I thought i'd share it with one and all, as much as I love my one off mod im just too kind to keep it to my self :)

The parts used are a B8 rear arm, B8 cap and a B8 blade. (ill get the part numbers tonight all being well)

the B8 arm and blade are longer than the B7 one, but the reason for doing it this way is that it moves the main pressure point - ie where the arm attaches to the bade - further out to the edge of the swept area, which means theres less chance of the fast moving end skipping,

the Blade does need cutting down though because of this, approx 7cm iirc, but please double check,

to chop the blade down prise off the end cap, then cut the 2 steel sections with a saw and the steel held in a vice, then repain the ends to stop them rusting, now cut the rubber blade down to match with scissors and push the plastic end back on.

fit the bade and check the clearance between the 3rd brake light and the tip of the bade, cut more off if needed.

fit back and enjoy the cleaner rear look and better wiper blade.

total cost, about £30 iirc inc the blade... its £20 or so for the arm, £4 or so for the cover (its the same shape as the B7 2ut doesnt have the moulded circle on it, so is smoother again to complete the smooth rear look) and about £3 for the blade.

audi1.jpg

cars5.jpg

I hope this helps folks,

cheers

Karl.

I thought id bump this back up and also post up that over the weekend I will be trying a golf mk5 rear arm on my dads car as I think with the correct b8 nut cover it should be the perfect size with out cutting, the only issue will be that the arm isnt pressing as close to the end of the blade so it may want to skip a bit every so often when the badle gets dirty/old