Hi all

PMJ

need another DTM
Reaction score
I picked up my 06 A4 Tfsi cab today and have a few suspect issues with it :

really reallu pleased with it... few niggles which I am hoping someone on here can help me with :

It is supposed to have electric memory for the front seats.. but I cant get it to work.. followed the intrustions in the book but nothing seems to have worked....

Also, the sat nav DVD : is this supposed to play normal film DVD's ?
How do i get the sat nav screen to pick up TV, also the buttons on the steering wheel other than the ones to change radio stations and volume dont seem to do anything ....
any idea's on how to rectify all the above.....
progress.gif

Greetings PMJ, can't help you with the seat issue but can confirm that the sat nav won't play film DVD's or pick up TV. I believe that there may be some additional kit or software that can make this possible though and I'm sure someone will post details for you if your interested.

Buttons on the wheel - mode should take you into your phone list if you have a phone connected, you can then scroll through the numbers with the adjacent button then press it to dial (and hang up). Bluetooth will connect the phone to the car so you don't need to buy a cradle for the car if you don't have one already. The button on the other side next to the volume allows you to give voice commands for phone, nav, radio and CD. Best to read through the manual if you have it as it can be quite confusing at first but good once you know how it all works.

Have you got any SD cards? I have 2 in my sat nav unit with about 50 albums on, they were quite cheap and so much better than using a CD changer.

The left button as previously stated operates the phone. If the display says function not available or no function when pressed then you do not have the phone/Bluetooth kit (this can be fitted aftermarket) The voice control (SRS) can be added with a software patch to your headunit, however an additional mic will need to be fitted for it to work. Search Google for VWCruise Gareth can visit your home and install these for you. He has fitted SatNav, Bluetooth kit and SRS to mine. Does your car have the seat buttons in the pocket on the drivers door? Or are they just on the seats? If there just on the seats then you have electric seats but not the option for memory seats. Another good mod I fitted was SmartTop this gives you one touch roof operation and opening and closing the roof from the key fob.

:sign_welcome: to the forum and it's good that you have bought a Cabriolet along too :thumbsup:

It seems your questions have already been answered......however just out of interest, where did you purchase the car from ? Dealer or Private sale ?

Paul

As gjwell stated, VWCruise Gareth can visit your home, but you will need another mortgage!! hes to dear.
everything you need can be done yourself with ease.
gjwell mentioned ( SRS ) or the SDS hack can be downloaded from the net, burnt to a cd and put in the rns-e and upgraded easily for free, but like he said, you will need a mic, readily available off the bay for about £13.
bluetooth itself is also an easy fit, can be purchased off the bay and retro fitted in no time.
there are also companys advertising on ebay fully fitted units and are a fair bit cheaper than gareth.
plenty of people on here to help out and talk you through any retro fit adventure your willing to try, why bother paying someone else.

All this electric stuff is all new to me as I sold a very powerful Nissan Skyline to buy the cab.. but so far it was worth it.... but the R32 was all mechanical which I could deal with to a fashion... but electrics and stuff is scary... so any help (read idiots guide) would be gratefully received....

Ref the seats... yes there is a set of buttons in the drivers door pocket, but I cant get them to work at all... is it worth talking to the main dealer to get this looked at and at the same time the bluetooth / TV options.... what sort of cost would I be looking at to get these bits installed....?

As for sourcing the bits off ebay I have no idea what is needed to get what I want....more help needed there....Where is VWCruise Gareth based , I am in Berkshire.....

Ref the SD cards... how are they controlled like for scrolling through the tracks..?

gareth would be ideal for you then, hes in hemmel hempsted but does come to you if needed.
hes not cheap but by christ hes alot cheaper than the main stealer!!
hed sort out bluetooth for you and tv if you wanted it, dont know about your seats though.
heres a link to his site

http://www.vwcruise.com/

All this electric stuff is all new to me as I sold a very powerful Nissan Skyline to buy the cab.. but so far it was worth it.... but the R32 was all mechanical which I could deal with to a fashion... but electrics and stuff is scary... so any help (read idiots guide) would be gratefully received....

Ref the seats... yes there is a set of buttons in the drivers door pocket, but I cant get them to work at all... is it worth talking to the main dealer to get this looked at and at the same time the bluetooth / TV options.... what sort of cost would I be looking at to get these bits installed....?

As for sourcing the bits off ebay I have no idea what is needed to get what I want....more help needed there....Where is VWCruise Gareth based , I am in Berkshire.....

Ref the SD cards... how are they controlled like for scrolling through the tracks..?

I know it might sound silly but are you sure the seats are not set to STOP? or off as this will deactivate them.

I have memory seats and so far i havnt really used them lol.

I have 2x 2GB cards in my RNSE and can confirm they are brilliant, hold 100s of tracks that you can simply scroll through, one card has my girlfriends music on and one has mine on.

PMJ you copy the mp3 files to the SD cards in folders (if you want them as albums)and it will play each folder at a time. You can scroll through the folders with the main dial and scroll through individual tracks with the left scroll button on the steering wheel (opposite side to the volume).

It also has the advantage of displaying the track name and artist on the screen.

It's very easy once you've got it set up and makes CD's seem so cumbersome. If you want to get some SD cards just make sure they're compatible as some are not. There's a post somewhere with a link to the right type, I'll try and find it later. I think I paid around £15 for 2 cards and a USB card reader (to connect to the PC) which is massively cheaper than a CD changer or proper Ipod connector.

Thanks all, Not had a price from the dealers yet for the bluetooth / TV / DVD upgrades, but will get one this weekend.... Got a price from VW cruise (Gareth) and not as bad as I thought it would be....

Ref the seats... yes checked the stop button... still made no difference.. it still wont work...

Thanks for the post link on the SD cards... defo sounds like it gonna be worth it especially if it scrolls the titles and tracks names.... as the multi changer doesn't which I find a bit stupid...

Also, had a problems iwht the HID's tonight... the passenger side light kept going off and then on again... poor bloke in front of me must have thought I was flashing him to pull over as he kept slowing down... hoping it was just a loose plug as I had a fiddle in the dark and took it out agian for a drive and all seemed ok but will check it again tomorrow.... does this sound like a common problem with zennon headlights...?

Welcome!

I presume you bought this privately so can't go back to ask why these things aren't working and have them checked. If you bought from a dealer then take it back and get it sorted. Out of curiosity, did you check the seats etc before you bought and were they working at that time?

Either way, it could be a simple fuse issue or a dodgy memory seat panel. Could also be the seat motor but if you're close to banbury pop into MRC for them to have a look before paying high dealer labour rates.

Hope you get it sorted.

Pics please!!

Can went back to the dealers yesterday... pain in the **** as its a 100 mile round trip..... but I hope they get it sorted without me having to go back again.... should pick it up tomorrow night