A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant - Boot lid wont stay up

path2

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a 55 plate s-line avant about two months ago. Ever since I bought it, the tension in the boot lid when it was in the open position was such that it only needed a slight push down to get it to 'slam' shut. Now, it has went by that stage and won't even stay up when i try to open it. I now have to keep the lid open with my head each time i need into my boot, and even then the tension pushing the lid down is quite severe.

Just really on here to find out if this is a common-ish fault? Is it covered by the manufacturers warranty?

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thanks

Pat

I have since learned that it's probably the boot struts that need replaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can purchase these struts? Also, if anyone has any experience of refitting these - are they relatively straight forward to fit?

Yeah just replace these mate & this will resolve the problem.

They are usually held in place with a ball joint that you push on then a clip that holds them on in place, so remove the clip, then force the ball joint of & reverse fit, fairly easy mate to be honest, one end might be bolted on.

I have since learned that it's probably the boot struts that need replaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can purchase these struts? Also, if anyone has any experience of refitting these - are they relatively straight forward to fit?

Check bay, and also speak with your local main dealer - I've just got a new in-dash cup-holder from my main dealer, on bay they where going for £25+, but they're only £24 new from audi....!

See this all the time on the bay, people who pay more than rrp for parts & I just have to laugh in shock they can be so stupid when the dealers are cheaper for a new part, lol.

got them eventually. www.sgs-engineering.com. £12.99 +vat per strut. got them in two days. my local audi dealership wanted £25 +vat per strut and said they would take a week to come into stock... :meeting: