2.0 T Oil Usage

Marrow

Reaction score
Guys my 2.0 T seems to be using oil had the car six months covered about 4.5 K and its used 2 ltrs near enough is this excessive ?
The car is remapped and run on 99 fuel all the time with most of the driving comuting short distance to work with the odd blast at weeknds but very little motorway/long journeys ?
Anyone else experience the same ? What are your usages ?

Hmm thats not good then its due an mot soon so will get it checked over ?
There is no smoke and its not leaking so dont know where its going ?
What oil are you guys using ?

Well many major OEM's are quoting 1L per 1000 miles these days so I'm not so sure this is totally out of the ordinary.

The newest generation 5w-30 oils also seen to have a habit of being consumed more rapidly as well as they are designed to shear to become thinner giving better fuel economy. It's all about fuel figures, it's a war!

Cheers
Guy

Well many major OEM's are quoting 1L per 1000 miles these days so I'm not so sure this is totally out of the ordinary.

What how much !?!
Mines not too bad then cheers Oil man !
I need some more oil seen as though its using so much how much can I get some for from you been using 30/5 Edge up to now ?

Last edited:
What how much !?!
Mines not too bad then cheers Oil man !
I need some more oil seen as though its using so much how much can I get some for from you been using 30/5 Edge up to now ?

We've got a good deal on with the Edge 5w-30, buy 4l and get one free, just enter the code TOPUP when you make an order, so it works out at £40.49 for 5 litres. Alternatively buy one of our service packs so it's enough oil to change it, a top up bottle and an oil filter

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/oil-and-filter-service-pack-audi.aspx

Cheers

Tim