Road noise 60, and 90-120 kmh

ahajdar

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought B7 version of A4 2.0tfsi quattro with sport package (low profile 17" wheels) and 110,000 km. Well, my problem is as follows: when I hit 90 kmh, I hear a sort of howling noise which speeds up to 120 kmh and it starts being continuos after that speed. The person had this car fitted "all-weather" tires at front, and m+s in the back of the car. I also have similar, but different noise at 60 kmh which quickly disappears with 70 kmh.

I had the car at the dealership and they didn't find problems and all they did was check wheel bearings and unusual wear&tear on tires.

Anyone have any ideas what this is...is it just tires or can be something else? The road is very good where I listened to these noises.

Hello,

I recently bought B7 version of A4 2.0tfsi quattro with sport package (low profile 17" wheels) and 110,000 km. Well, my problem is as follows: when I hit 90 kmh, I hear a sort of howling noise which speeds up to 120 kmh and it starts being continuos after that speed. The person had this car fitted "all-weather" tires at front, and m+s in the back of the car. I also have similar, but different noise at 60 kmh which quickly disappears with 70 kmh.

I had the car at the dealership and they didn't find problems and all they did was check wheel bearings and unusual wear&tear on tires.

Anyone have any ideas what this is...is it just tires or can be something else? The road is very good where I listened to these noises.

Check you balancing for the tyres, also check the tyres themselves - i have a vw transporter van which had a similar problem, turned out to be a faulty tyre; the metal structure that holds the tyre together had split and caused the tyre to warp! :meeting:

I did balance the tires and it seemed to solve a problem. However, my right rear tire has suffered a damage (something the previous owner did but I don't know how) and the rim has a slight egg-like shape. So I guess I'll have to find a shop to fix that before I got to some other problems.
Thanks for suggestion anyways!