2.0tfsi-known problems???

koojo

Reaction score
Hi folks have a bit of a dilemma i'm either going to buy a 2.0t a4 for cash(b7 model) or lease a new s3 sportback??? Was wanting as much info on any known?not well known probs with the 2.0t?? Coilpacks for example?? any other probs??

thanks
baz

it looks that way :icon_thumright: have you had yours long any problems?? How many miles is it before the cambelt needs changing on the 2.0t?? 60k/80k??
thanks
baz

it looks that way :icon_thumright: have you had yours long any problems?? How many miles is it before the cambelt needs changing on the 2.0t?? 60k/80k??
thanks
baz

I had a 1.8T, that had to be done at 60k, should be the same - If you google; audi fixed price servicing, you'll see set prices for a service, cam-belt, etc - otherwise it's a sting.... :think:

Hi folks have a bit of a dilemma i'm either going to buy a 2.0t a4 for cash(b7 model) or lease a new s3 sportback??? Was wanting as much info on any known?not well known probs with the 2.0t?? Coilpacks for example?? any other probs??

thanks
baz

Original xenon lights seem to suffer after 4-5 years. I had to have mine replaced as they started to blink from time to time, and left one would turn off with error displaying on board computer.

Cambelt is 80k I believe, had mine serviced at the local audi dealers recently at 66,000 and they said cambelt would be due next service.

No problems with them at all from what I can gather, clutch went on mine (quattro - £1000 ouch) but other than that they are good engines. I had mine chipped a month or so as well and just wished I done it sooner.

In this economic climate I'd stick with a car thats paid for than one that's on finance as well. At least you know you've got no additional out goings. Plus the A4 avant is nicer looking than an S3 sportback IMO.

£1000 for clutch is a bit of a sickner did they due fly wheel also?? Did one on my Vw anniversary model very expensive also. Is there any problems with bushes wearing out quickly on suspension parts?? Also fans/climate were a problem on mk4 vw's?
However i would hope that is no longer the case and things have moved on since a 2002 car lol

2.0TFSI Quattro cambelt due at 75,000miles or 5 years, which ever comes first, audi will do for £349.00.

there is always one!i had to have a new engine at 80,000 got a blockage in the strainer and caused top end to cease!the car had full audi service history! ended up getting a second hand engine out of a 08 model which ad covered 16k and got warranty.the garage said it was unheard of in this engine and i had been really really unlucky!
but they are really good engines and mine was just bad luck!:rockwoot:

My heater blower packed up about a month after I got mine. A common fault on B6's apparently, they tend to last about 5 years. Easy to change but over £250 for a new one.

there is always one!i had to have a new engine at 80,000 got a blockage in the strainer and caused top end to cease!the car had full audi service history! ended up getting a second hand engine out of a 08 model which ad covered 16k and got warranty.the garage said it was unheard of in this engine and i had been really really unlucky!
but they are really good engines and mine was just bad luck!:rockwoot:

Must of had a Friday afternoon car!