Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

2.0tfsi-known problems???

Hi folks have a bit of a dilemma i'm either going to buy a 2.0t a4 for cash(b7 model) or lease a new s3 sportback??? Was wanting as much info on any known?not well known probs with the 2.0t?? Coilpacks for example?? any other probs??

thanks
    baz

2. # ADS
    ADS

petrol head

Status
    no real major problems it's one hell of an engine!
    B7 A4 SE AVANT 20TFSI 06REG -Silver
    7.5Jx17in 16-Spoke Design Alloy Wheels, Manual, Rear Parking sensors, Comfort Pack, cruise control etc etc

Reverse Gear

Status
    it looks that way have you had yours long any problems?? How many miles is it before the cambelt needs changing on the 2.0t?? 60k/80k??
    thanks
    baz

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by koojo View Post
    it looks that way have you had yours long any problems?? How many miles is it before the cambelt needs changing on the 2.0t?? 60k/80k??
    thanks
    baz
    I had a 1.8T, that had to be done at 60k, should be the same - If you google; audi fixed price servicing, you'll see set prices for a service, cam-belt, etc - otherwise it's a sting....

Reverse Gear

Status

2.0tfsi - known problems.

Quote Originally Posted by koojo View Post
    Hi folks have a bit of a dilemma i'm either going to buy a 2.0t a4 for cash(b7 model) or lease a new s3 sportback??? Was wanting as much info on any known?not well known probs with the 2.0t?? Coilpacks for example?? any other probs??

thanks
    baz
    Original xenon lights seem to suffer after 4-5 years. I had to have mine replaced as they started to blink from time to time, and left one would turn off with error displaying on board computer.

Neutral

Status
    Cambelt is 80k I believe, had mine serviced at the local audi dealers recently at 66,000 and they said cambelt would be due next service.

No problems with them at all from what I can gather, clutch went on mine (quattro - 1000 ouch) but other than that they are good engines. I had mine chipped a month or so as well and just wished I done it sooner.

In this economic climate I'd stick with a car thats paid for than one that's on finance as well. At least you know you've got no additional out goings. Plus the A4 avant is nicer looking than an S3 sportback IMO.
    2006 B7 A4 2.0T Quattro S Line Avant - RNS-E Sat Nav - Bose - DIS - PP 250bhp remap - SOLD

Reverse Gear

Status
    1000 for clutch is a bit of a sickner did they due fly wheel also?? Did one on my Vw anniversary model very expensive also. Is there any problems with bushes wearing out quickly on suspension parts?? Also fans/climate were a problem on mk4 vw's?
    However i would hope that is no longer the case and things have moved on since a 2002 car lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    2.0TFSI Quattro cambelt due at 75,000miles or 5 years, which ever comes first, audi will do for 349.00.

1st Gear

Status
    I have a 2.0T FSI and have had no real faults, car is an 05 with 96k on, i got it 18 months ago with 50k on
    Steve

Done: | Ambient Light | 18" Audi RS6 Alloys | Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar & ECU | De-Egg | RNS-E | Bluetooth Kit | RS4 Anti Roll Bar | Audi Torch | Full Rear De-Badge |

To Come: | Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans - When I can find the right one!|

1st Gear

Status
    there is always one!i had to have a new engine at 80,000 got a blockage in the strainer and caused top end to cease!the car had full audi service history! ended up getting a second hand engine out of a 08 model which ad covered 16k and got warranty.the garage said it was unheard of in this engine and i had been really really unlucky!
    but they are really good engines and mine was just bad luck!

Reverse Gear

Status
    My heater blower packed up about a month after I got mine. A common fault on B6's apparently, they tend to last about 5 years. Easy to change but over 250 for a new one.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly View Post
    there is always one!i had to have a new engine at 80,000 got a blockage in the strainer and caused top end to cease!the car had full audi service history! ended up getting a second hand engine out of a 08 model which ad covered 16k and got warranty.the garage said it was unheard of in this engine and i had been really really unlucky!
    but they are really good engines and mine was just bad luck!
    Must of had a Friday afternoon car!
    Steve

Done: | Ambient Light | 18" Audi RS6 Alloys | Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar & ECU | De-Egg | RNS-E | Bluetooth Kit | RS4 Anti Roll Bar | Audi Torch | Full Rear De-Badge |

To Come: | Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans - When I can find the right one!|

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehall View Post
    Must of had a Friday afternoon car!
    lol!may be ray charles use to work at audi and he did the servicing!

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    Get the A4 2.0T FSI then get it mapped, awesome!!
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TorqueTerrorist View Post
    Get the A4 2.0T FSI then get it mapped, awesome!!
    I agree its like a different car once mapped !