A4 REMAP????

keviny997p

Reaction score
Hey,
I've just bought myself a 06 SLINE 2.0TDI 140 and was wondering if anyone out their can recommend anywhere for a Remap. I have also been looking into the plug in "blue-fin" option, has anyone any experiance with this module?? Also can anyone give me any other points with getting some more power without spending the earth.

Also has anyone dealt with MAS in yorkshire??

Regards

Kev

Check out my friends remapping company in my signature. He travels all over the country. Check his site out and give him a call.

The difference with my friends maps is that they are your original map modified unlike most companies that give you a generic map for that engine.

I recommend Pendle Performance - superb performance and Martin there is great!

Mike at Motech peformance! he gets my vote every time and does travel the country plus he also does remaps for dealers ;) and his maps are done so as not to cause issues with the MOT or use more fuel when normally driving, you only get the power when you need it! I cant recomend him enough! http://www.motechperformance.co.uk/

mines done 24k in a year on it and his maps arent agressive max power ones so dont kill clutches and are very good to drive with. (one of the reason for mine was the good torque spread made the odd time I tow nice and easy)

Try Pendle Performance (in Barnoldswick, Lancashire). Martin there is great and remap is undetectable, other than in cars performance.

Hey,
I've just bought myself a 06 SLINE 2.0TDI 140 and was wondering if anyone out their can recommend anywhere for a Remap. I have also been looking into the plug in "blue-fin" option, has anyone any experiance with this module?? Also can anyone give me any other points with getting some more power without spending the earth.

Regards

Kev
Any update? I've got the same vehicle and am looking at remapping, just wondered if you went for it, who did you use, what did it cost and was it worth it?

Perfect Touch in Hoddesdon,Herts.do a good job at a good price.Gabs is the man to see.

Hey,

Regards

Kev

I'm currently running the bluefin on a 170ps, up to approx 210ps. this is only an estimate it's never been r/r'd to confirm. Took me 15mins to do the map download/upload. I didn't/haven't experienced any fault codes but have heard of this happening on mostly non audi cars.

I wanted a quick solution to more power/mpg that I could easily remove for whatever reason. At £400 ? it was inline with other products as bang per buck.

Custom Code quote the 140 as mapping to 175 -180 with torque going from 236 - 280-290 with their remap.

They charge £450 but have a 30% off deal which has been running for ages so would cost you £315 + VAT

http://www.custom-code.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1626&Itemid=125

They seem to get good reviews as it's suppose to be very smooth and they have dealers all over the country.

Or how about Revo - they do a free trial that lasts around 5 hours (5 hours of driving rather than 5 hours from installation) which then reverts back to standard so you can try before you buy. They quote 185bhp and 290lbft and charge £399 + VAT

revo - aka max power... from what i ahve read and speaking to people they are very agressive maps,

I still stand by Mike as I spent ages speaking to other people and companies, and Mike was the only one who I had confidance in,

he uses YOUR map, not a off the shelf one, so any dealer updates on your map are kept!

it only works on 50% throttle and 50% load, ie when you boot it all other times its oem map so fuel econ is no worse, normally better as the times you do boot it you dont need to rag the engine as much,

also because so little is changed on the ecu, only the maps, the ecu doesnt count it as a flash, so dealers will never know its been remapped if they scan the car as the counter doesnt go up (revo i have been told even put the name of who mapped it and the date etc on there so its very in your face its been mapped)

I also know that the main companies inc Mike all get the encoding done by some one else.... they take your map off, email it to a guy who then either emails back a off the shelf map, or plays with your map to different degrees adding that companies tweaks and info etc...the R&D work is their own, and the way its tweaked is down to each company but the actual building of the map is all by 1 guy normally to some degree..

others use the 500 maps and the lead you can buy on ebay for £50....if its cheap its for a reason....just adding 10% to the fuel value at all points is not a remap, its a hash job.

Depending where your based, try AMD. I've used them before and they were very good, i'll be taking my 2.0TDI S-line (06 plate aswell) to them after christmas.