Braided Brake Lines

Dazmo

Reaction score
Having my custom made lines fitted hopefully this weekend.

Is it possible to fit new lines without bleeding the brakes or do you have to bleed the system?

I spoke to the family friend who is doing the work for me (he has been a mechanic for 40 years, previously worked for porsche) and he laughed saying bleeding the system was not neccessary, is he right?

Ive always thought when fitting brake lines you had to bleed them to remove the trapped air etc.

Where did you get the lines? Did you get front and back ones made up? I've been looking for some but they seem to be about €150!

Sorry i've no idea about whether you need to bleed the brakes or not.

Was your mate being sarcastic?!! Of course you would need to bleed them, if you think about it the brake system is pressurised from the servo right back to the piston in the caliper. If you remove the flexible pipe and replace it with an 'empty' pipe, then between the brake line and the caliper will be full of air! You will need to bleed this air out of the new lines by forcing the fluid through from the car until it is running 'bubble free' out of the bleed nipple in the caliper.

Where did you get the lines? Did you get front and back ones made up? I've been looking for some but they seem to be about €150!

Sorry i've no idea about whether you need to bleed the brakes or not.

I had them custom made as i couldnt find any for my car and the ones i did find like you mentioned are about £150.00

I had some made for £65 mate at graham goode in leicester.

I bought a spare front and rear standard line from GSF car parts and gave it to them as a pattern to make me a braided set otherwsie you would be taking them off your car!, i then returned the spares back to the shop for a refund and collected my new ones the next day.