S-Line Avant 2.0 tdi Aftermarket exhaust options

Swifty09

Reaction score
I have a 55 plate S-line avant 2.tdi 140 bhp,which is the best aftermarket exhaust to get as I see Milltek only list one for the 170 bhp model which has a silencer at each rear corner and wont fit mine as I only have one silncer on the passenger side rear.
I would prefer stainless steel if possible.
Where is the cheapest place to buy
thanks

All the A4 Milltek exhausts have one tip on each side. You need a new rear valance (from the 170) and a drivers side rear heat shield and exhaust hanger, then you're good to go. Have a word with Milltek or one of their stockists, they'll be able to give you all the info. :icon_thumright:

Hello mate and thanks for the reply,this is something I will look into,is it much of a job to fit the heatshield and hanger?
I did contact Milltek and their reply is below, so it looks like your suggestion is definately the way to go,,thanks

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately at this moment in time we don't have any products listed for the 140TDI Audi A4.

It may be possible that one of our other B7 systems will be compatible but without seeing technical data or a vehicle for development we cannot commit 100%.

Regards

Leigh Ravey

Milltek Sport Ltd

Reading through your post Swifty, you need to talk to Charlie Orpen at Milltek - as I have got just the system fitted as you are looking for (my car is identical as yours). If you look at this post, http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=77783, the two images are of a Milltek system fitted to it! Cost is around the £700 mark and they sourced the r/h hanger and rear valance etc too! Give Charlie a call on the 01332 227280 number (tell him Mark recommended you)

cheers mate,I did have a look at the pics of your car yesterday and it looks good,I had some work done a couple of weeks ago by Awesome-Gti in Manchester who are a Milltek stockist and they are going to do the work for me
thanks again

PLeased you've got sorted mate. Funny reply you got there to be honest as there was a B7 2.0TDI 140 featured in Audi Driver magazine earlier in the year that has had the system fitted and I think it was done at Milltek but could be wrong. Good article though, the owner went on to get a hybrid turbo and custom remap was good for 220BHP I believe.

The exhaust finishs the car off nicely with an aggressive touch.

Yeah it was a good feature Audi Driver did, its what inspired me to have it done on mine. It was carried out at Millteks fitting centre in Ilkeston, five mins away from us.
The only downside is the sooting of the tips with it being an old smoker :-(

Do you guys have a scan of the article by any chance or know what issue it was in?

Whilst we're (sort of) on this subject, does anyone do performance drop in filters to go with an exhaust upgrade?

Oh - and I presume the filter box is the same for the 140 and the 170?

You mean Air filter Rich? If so yeah, K&N, and Green cotton filters. They don't do a massive amount on these though and you get a constant low level drone with the diesels. Sound a lot better on petrols due to the throttle. When you lift off quickly you can definately hear the turbo more, especially during winter, slightly like a recirc dump value.

Miltek all the way!!!!

audi1.jpg

cars5.jpg

Mines a 140bhp with the FWD system on it, all thats needed is the system, a rear valance (either S line or SE, I have a SE as I prefer the smooth look as it matches the rest of the back of the car) the extra heat sheild and hanger,

its a few bobs worth but well well worth it! its marginly deeper when on boost giving it some but over all there no extra noise, just smoother power and way better looks!

Mine originally came from "Nobber" as its his old system so im sure he can confirm its a FWD 170bhp system.

Karl.