JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Numberplate LEDs

Just an enquiry anyone fitted led number plate festoons and had the added benefit of no bulb out dash error? Im having no joy!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

cabriolet

Status
    youll need to add resistors to trick the system kaab
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I did gather but have seen seen these:

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php...roducts_id=113

Just wanted to know of any joy?

loves quattro

Status
    They look good.

I've done mine - but by 'tricking' the Quattro.............I snook them in whilst it was asleep!

Let us know how you get on with those ones.

I've also updated the lamps 'in' the boot too!

Just Looking

Status
    Got them on mine and working fine. Resistance is built in so no extra's required.

Give Rob a shout over on the 'other' forum.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/member.php?u=81
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very smart Rich!!! Nice!!!!! So come on, how no bulb error? Wheres the source?? Any link on which ones you used. Ive tried the ones in the link i supplied but still get an error..... so i returned them!! I would possibly update boot ones too ......

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    Got them on mine and working fine. Resistance is built in so no extra's required.

Give Rob a shout over on the 'other' forum.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/member.php?u=81
    Thanks Stu, You have the same and no error?? Think those have problems on the B7 but not 100% sure.

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaab0 View Post
    Very smart Rich!!! Nice!!!!! So come on, how no bulb error?
    I've got a resistor in the boot.....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post
    They look good.

I've done mine - but by 'tricking' the Quattro.............I snook them in whilst it was asleep!

Rich, What rating resistors did you use in parallel with your numberplate Leds?? OHM/Wattage

loves quattro

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    There quite large is that for the numberplate leds or the boot mod you completed? Didnt think numberplate needed such great resistors??

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Hi Rich - I don't suppose you know what was printed on top of the resistor do you ?
    I have some that are identical to the picture in my garage but need to know what load they are. to see if there the right ones.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

loves quattro

Status
    I'm sorry mate - didn't note it down.......

Why don't you remove a bulb and temporarily wire the resistor in it's place - if it's the right resistance - you won't get a code when you switch your ignition on.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    They look good.

you git, you just made me buy some, i do like your boot light show, are your light positions factory spec or did you make your own up?

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    you git, you just made me buy some, i do like your boot light show, are your light positions factory spec or did you make your own up?
    LOL I replaced the standard festoon with a red led, then used two existing holes in the boot lid to mount a couple of 382 led bulbs I had spare

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    LOL I replaced the standard festoon with a red led, then used two existing holes in the boot lid to mount a couple of 382 led bulbs I had spare
    Just fitted my ones today, must say the new bulbs are slightly longer and a bit of modding to the bulb holders was needed, but heres there look now

Last edited by Turkster; 27th October 2009 at 22:28.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Mine arrived in the post today also. All fitted and look sweet.

Like Turkster said, a little bit longer than the originals but just some bending of the clips of the holder to make the contact and job done!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

5th Gear

Status
    So is the general consensus to get these?:

Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post

I got mine from e-bay. I read on a different thread that someone bought the ones from your link and they threw a bulb error up so they returned them for a refund.

1st Gear

Status

At the bottom of the page you link to, it says "Please note these will not work on Audi A4 B6 B7 Models", so I would suggest buying elsewhere...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    I got mine from e-bay. I read on a different thread that someone bought the ones from your link and they threw a bulb error up so they returned them for a refund.

have you got details of the guy from ebay/product you bought?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowtrophy View Post
    At the bottom of the page you link to, it says "Please note these will not work on Audi A4 B6 B7 Models", so I would suggest buying elsewhere...
    Sometimes I feel so stupid
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post

cheers, have ordered

5th Gear

Status
    Just a quick question, do these LEDs just fit in the normal bulb holder or does there need to be any soldering etc?
    Nathan

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Just a quick question, do these LEDs just fit in the normal bulb holder or does there need to be any soldering etc?
    Normal holder

5th Gear

Status
    just waiting for some spare time to fit...need to sneak away from the wife...

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought some, thought my wait was over??? But they still bring up the bulb out dash warning on my fussy B7 . May just have to go the full route of fitting load resistors which i didnt want to do!!!!!!! Give up on these No Error Leds....... Oh well, yet another return.........

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    Is there anything that would give me less light? I couldn't think of anything worse than lighting up my rear number plate for the world to see. Come on guys, surely there's more exciting things than number plate LEDs...lol
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!

5th Gear

Status
    it's not the so much the increased light, it's the colour of the light that makes it a better option...

fitted them and still have the error code though....

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TorqueTerrorist View Post
    Is there anything that would give me less light? I couldn't think of anything worse than lighting up my rear number plate for the world to see. Come on guys, surely there's more exciting things than number plate LEDs...lol
    Spot on mate......I have spent the last 20 years trying to get my bike number plate invisible to camera's and as small as possible and now i get into cars....People are lighting their number plates up like Christmas tree's..
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    I have spent the last 20 years trying to get my bike number plate invisible to camera's and as small as possible

paddy,
    just take it off ! thats what i do, its exactly the same fine as having a small one on mate, looks a stack better too.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Hi Lea
    Maybe i could borrow your plate when ya not using it.....
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

cabriolet

Status
    Hi Lea
    Maybe i could borrow your plate when ya not using it.....
    No need paddy, got plenty of em LOL

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    Spot on mate......I have spent the last 20 years trying to get my bike number plate invisible to camera's and as small as possible and now i get into cars....People are lighting their number plates up like Christmas tree's..
    I thought abuse would follow after my comments, glad there is someone wih the same F- the police mentality!

Have you seen these number plate flippers/hiders you can obtain? Very useful on your bike, not so helpful on my tailgate....sod it, I might just remove my front 1....I've got black and silver plates which the police don't like. They have tried to fine me twice but there isn't a specific offence code that covers it only font size, shape and spacing which mine conform to. Even had a letter of apology when I appealed a fine! Haha, Craig 1, Police 0....for now lol
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!