Free Audi MOT or £49,99 MOT Protection

btcc2000

Reaction score
Basically my MOT is due and Audi have sent me a letter saying I can put the car through for a MOT for nothing (if there's nothing needed) or I can pay £49.99 to pay for this MOT and then next year I'll be covered up to the value of £750 should anything need doing.

Has anyone else done this or know of any reason not to do this?

I had mine done on this free offer a few months ago and it passed no worries.

However my friend had his done at a different dealer......He had a chip in his windscreen and he had autoglass out to fill it and they said it was that small and that it WASN'T in the line of vision that they wouldn't even bother to do it. That said he took the car in to the dealer (Cambridge) I think and they phoned him up saying that it would fail as the chip in the windscreen WAS in the line of slight! Yet Autoglass said it wasn't!!

Anyway they said that if it he it had replaced within 24 hrs then they would pass the vehicle and if it wasn't done in this time he would have to pay the full wack for the re-test.

I say you might as well take up this offer as you haven't nothing to lose. If you think they are trying it one you just take it somewhere else.

Basically my MOT is due and Audi have sent me a letter saying I can put the car through for a MOT for nothing (if there's nothing needed) or I can pay £49.99 to pay for this MOT and then next year I'll be covered up to the value of £750 should anything need doing.

Has anyone else done this or know of any reason not to do this?

The offer is on the website mate, anyone can apply for it, my MOT is april next year and ive applied, you just print the confirmation off and take it with you to get it for free.

And just to point out that if you pay £49.99 for your MOT and it fails it counts toward the current MOT and not next years MOT, so they will pay up to £750 for the current MOT being carried out! it says nothing about next year or future MOT'S

And just to point out that if you pay £49.99 for your MOT and it fails it counts toward the current MOT and not next years MOT, so they will pay up to £750 for the current MOT being carried out! it says nothing about next year or future MOT'S
Hi Dazmo

I cant see where it says they will pay up for the current MOT (if needed) and the emails i've been exchanging with Audi have clearly stated the £750 is for next years MOT, so does the letter they sent me. Where are you looking?

I took them up on the offer too, took the free MOT, never bothered with the 49.99 next MOT insurance...passed no probs.

They even washed the car, dropped Me the wife and kids off at Braehead shopping centre and then gave us free coffee and fizzy drinks when we returned to wait on the car.

Top service, thanks Glasgow Audi.