auto locking and double button unlock

mike beech

Reaction score
Website
www.betterplan.co.uk
I'm just wondering if there is a simple way of turning off the auto lock sequence and having to press the key fob twice to unlock all doors.

Its really starting to annoy me on this car, having to juggle getting the baby in the back and dog in the boot when I've put the keys back in my pocket or pulling up somewhere and having to go back and press the unlock button on the drivers door.......

I know its just my laziness but can it be turned off easily by pressing cetrtain buttons or does it need connecting upto vagcom? I'm sure I remember turning the function off on a mk4 golf years ago without the use of vagcom

vagcom is the only method I know of, check your DIS for any functions added in the menus for locking, dont think there is but worth a try.

You can change the press once to open all doors to press once for drivers door, twice for all doors with VAG-COM.

VAG-COM will also let you enable/disable the lock all doors when you go faster than 5mph.

But there's no way to disable the auto-lock if you haven't opened a door within 30 seconds of unlocking.