Today I de-chromed my window surrounds....

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
I know this is a bit ironic, seeing as most car's are like this as standard :think: .............but today I de-chromed my window surround:

Trim.jpg

Yeah it's tape to start with.......

Also did the chrome boot cill trim.............but with paint:
DSCF1113.jpg

Did you cover it in insultation tape?

i'm likin' that :icon_thumright:

can you tell me what paint you used and what you did to prepare the surrounds before spraying them please? i take it you didn't lacquer them as they look like they have a matt/satin finish

I did the surrounds using black tape......

The boot cill is the same paint as my wing mirrors and tail pipe surround - Plasti Kote Quick Dry Enamel in Satin Black. Just keyed the surface and sprayed........

I'll probably do the same with the window surround if the tape doesn't last :o.k: I just didn't want to go 'too permanent' if I didn't like it.

So, what about the grille - will that follow too? Looks good (especially like the back).

By the way, thanks for your PM about the wheels....excellent information there!!

Why do you have Germany on you numberplate? Is it ironic considering your signature....

Cos the car's German (as per the colours on my signature) and I fancied some 'authentic' plates............but daren't go for the white rear plate :whistle2: