JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just fitted an RS4 Rear Sway Bar - WOW!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Do it; you will be delighted.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Added this onto the to do list for this year...

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post
    I think the lot of you should just do what I did.......
    Stop talking about it

Get your wallet out

Get your spanners out

Enjoy the improved cornering ability

i think I agree, apart from I'm not confident with fixing my audi xD I don't want to break it xD fancy helping me out? Also is there a front arb too?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    i think I agree, apart from I'm not confident with fixing my audi xD I don't want to break it xD fancy helping me out? Also is there a front arb too?
    Reading the whole thread i think someone mentioned that most of the Front ARB's are the same size, but i'm not going to confrm that lol, as for fitting it, it is a pretty easy job you cant really go wrong... altho.. sometimes it does lol
    Camillia Well don't want to just settle for any average joe now!
    Purdy haha good point, but then again... apparently anything better doesn't exist
    Camillia No it doesn't... Hence why I'm complaining about it... Come on Purdy you can't be this stupid lol
    Purdy lol the hidden point i was saying, is surely it would be smart to stop chasing what doesnt exist.... then maybe... just maybe! it would shut all you girls up who moan about men...
    Camillia Touché

Classic case of Girls Moaning about Boys...

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    Also is there a front arb too?
    You don't need to change the front anti-roll bar. The front bar is the same for all models. Keep in mind that increasing rear roll stiffness reduces understeer. So it follows that increasing front roll stiffness (by fitting a thicker front bar) would have the opposite effect.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    Currently I'm on stock sline running gear n tbh it's very sloppy, I'm hoping to fit these coil overs but while I'm there may aswell do arb's at the same time I guess?

1st Gear

Status
    Seems like this needs to be done! I will check the drop links this weekend to see whether I need new ones or not. Will post with results when fitted also

1st Gear

Status

Ramps vs hoist.

Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    If you're fitting them yourselves (or at a garage) remember the wheels should be supporting the weight of the car and not any ramps, axles stands etc.

If you don't do this, once you've fitted the bar the rubbers, etc will twist as the wiegh goes back on. Basically you'll be clamping it in a position that's not it's normal resting place.

This is why the Audi instructions make it clear not to do it with the wheels hanging.
    Being old-fashioned, I think of ramps as being the wedge shaped metal frameworks that cause teh wheels to continue to support the weight of the vehicle, but approx 10" above the ground.
    And the original hydraulic ramps are moving "wheel tracks" that can be raise many feet into the air.
    Can you not use either of these to install the RARB, or will I *have* to get the car on the ground to bounce the suspension to settle the mounts before completing the clamp tightening?

A hoist, however, may allow the wheel to be hanging free, as is needed for many servicing operations (but not this one)
    Obviously, if you let the wheels hang down, then the shape of the ARB is extended slightly (end to end), and so cannot be fitted without excessive force.

I'm surprised about the comment about the bush sizes; too much sticking and there will be residual lean, but too slack, and the roll-resistance will be decreased. So fitting the "A" bushes to the 22mm ARB might be slightly sticky, and will be worst when initially fitted, and will only wear into a "better" more nominal state. Of course, fitting the right "D" bushes to the 22mm ARB will have the right level of "give" to reduce vibration, etc.
    Last edited by Tolak; 4th October 2013 at 14:20.
    A4 B7 Cabrio 2007 2.0 TDi Black "Sport"

1st Gear

Status
    I note that saloons and Avant have this mod; is there enough stiffness in the chassis of the cabriolet to benefit from this mod?
    Or will it result in rattle of the whole bodywork?
    Anyone done it on a Cabrio?

Edit: Just come across Fitting a cabriolet with uprated ARBs - guidance needed where this is mentioned; no actual info about the actual benefit of fitting to a cabrio.
    Last edited by Tolak; 4th October 2013 at 20:34.

Neutral

Status
    Love the difference it made to my cab.
    jimbooboo likes this.
    2006 3.0 TDI Sline Cab, Auto, Phantom Black, Bose, Bluetooth, F & R PDC,
    Retrofit 2010 RNS-E, Aux In, Cruise, LED Numberplate Lights, RS4 RAB, Mtecc Drilled and Grooved Discs, Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta's
    To Do, auto lights, windscreen washers and dimming mirror.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
    Love the difference it made to my cab.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will put this on the list; yet more card pain!

A4 2.0T FSI engine knackered!

Status
    I recommend the RS4 RARB too, see my build thread for details, part numbers, costs & photos.
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I fitted one to my cab and it made such a difference. For the cost it's a good modification to do.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

Neutral

Status
    Got mine in today to get this done. Can't wait to get it back.

1st Gear

Status
    Ordered the bits on Saturday from Audi for just under 140 GBP (including bolts for exhaust and drop-links)
    Awaiting delivery, and then good enough weather to get out and install.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolak View Post
    Ordered the bits on Saturday from Audi for just under 140 GBP (including bolts for exhaust and drop-links)
    Awaiting delivery, and then good enough weather to get out and install.
    Bits have arrived, but then so has the weather.
    Next stage is to get some free space in the garage, and then some free time to enjoy that space!
    maikysupra likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Fitted mine last Saturday. Roundabouts are now a completely different experience.

Best description I can come up with is that fitting an RS4 ARB "sure's up the back end".

Neutral

Status
    In two minds wether to get this done...Luke from east Kent Audi said the cabs only show an S4 as the biggest bar but on the avant of course they have the rs4 bar...does anyone think the rs4 version would be a problem for the cab?

Neutral

Status
    Got an RS4 one on mine.
    Retrofit 2010 RNS-E, Aux In, Cruise, LED Numberplate Lights, RS4 RAB, Mtecc Drilled and Grooved Discs, Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta's

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
    Got an RS4 one on mine.
    Whats the verdict? Or did I need ask the question lool

Neutral

Status
    I said earlier in the thread, love it.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaz View Post
    Fitted mine last Saturday. Roundabouts are now a completely different experience.

Best description I can come up with is that fitting an RS4 ARB "sure's up the back end".
    One of the benefits is meant to be that it reduces the understeer, so it "sures up the front end", as well.

Moving the action of keeping the car flat to the rear wheels means the front can be left with lower task loading, and can keep the two tyres at even contact force, so both wheels contribute to the steering. When the rear is softer, the front has to help keep the car flat, and so the inner wheel has lower contact force, and helps less with the steering.

Ultimate is when an inside rear wheel lifts, and the car is in tripod mode; at this point, the rear axle has done (almost) all it can to keep things stable, and the front has to start compromising its down-forces.

Neutral

Status
    Just been reading start to finish on this , sounds like the way to go.
    As there has been no updates for over a year i wanted to check what the situation is re part numbers.
    I was going to order parts this week but would like to check the definative parts listing /reqiurements as of june 2014 to ensure i get the correct part numbers etc.
    any updates would be great guys .
    rob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234